DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps that modify Car Dock Mode

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Apps that modify Car Dock Mode

Do any exist? I'd love to swap out some of the default buttons.

For instance, I'd never use the search button. The voice search is there and if I'm driving I don't want to type much. I think a music or Pandora button would be much better suited. Maybe even make the arc containing the buttons scrollable to reach other buttons.

I don't think anything like this exists but maybe I just haven't seen it.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I agree. The driving mode is next to useless. When I have the Droid in the dashboard dock, and it's already on with the driving mode screen up, if a call comes in I still have to unlock the phone and then press "Speakerphone!" What a horror! Is there any app I can get that will make it so that when I'm in driving mode and a call comes in, all I have to do is hit a big button on the screen and (if there's no bluetooth attached) the phone will simply answer the call in speakerphone mode? Making me go through two semi-complicated touches is dangerous and ridiculous. -BB
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You can always get a BT headset, BT integration in your car, or just a car that supports BT..

In my car, i just hit a button on the steering wheel when the phone rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Beltway View Post
    I agree. The driving mode is next to useless. When I have the Droid in the dashboard dock, and it's already on with the driving mode screen up, if a call comes in I still have to unlock the phone and then press "Speakerphone!" What a horror! Is there any app I can get that will make it so that when I'm in driving mode and a call comes in, all I have to do is hit a big button on the screen and (if there's no bluetooth attached) the phone will simply answer the call in speakerphone mode? Making me go through two semi-complicated touches is dangerous and ridiculous. -BB
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Beltway View Post
    I forgot to mention this! Not having speaker phone engage automatically when you answer a call in car mode is a huge oversight. I really hope someone figures out how to change this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just installed my new car dock. Found the same problem, doesn't automatically do speakerphone? Are you kidding? HUGE oversight. I would recommend against a car dock until this is implemented, what a waste. And something so simple and obvious, I just assumed it would be there. Surely this will be fixed in an upcoming update?

Anyone know where to submit requests for future updates? Anyone know of an app to replace or modify the dock modes?

Also, no music or Pandora link from the car dock? Crazy.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Hey, I'm new here, but have been reading all the great info on these boards for a while now. Anyway, theres an app called car mode that just toggles speakerphone on and off. Nothing special, and I'm sure a shortcut could probably be used instead, but its been working for me
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I also definitely think there should be music controls in car mode. I always have to start my music before I put my phone in the dock, and go back to the home screen if I want to change it while in the dock.

I've actually never answered a call in my car since I got my car dock. Before though, when I've had my phone in my car I've always had a cord going from the headphone jack to an input on the faceplate of my CD player, so when I receive a call it does automatically pause the music and switch my phone to speaker phone and routs my call over my car speakers.

Are you saying that if it's in car mode it cancels out this function? Or does it only do what you guys are talking about if you don't have anything plugged into the headphone jack and are just using the phone's external speaker for GPS and stuff.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooberJake View Post
    Just installed my new car dock. Found the same problem, doesn't automatically do speakerphone? Are you kidding? HUGE oversight. I would recommend against a car dock until this is implemented, what a waste. And something so simple and obvious, I just assumed it would be there. Surely this will be fixed in an upcoming update?

Anyone know where to submit requests for future updates? Anyone know of an app to replace or modify the dock modes?

Problem SOLVED! Or, at least partially. "Car Dock Speakerphone" app automatically sets all calls to speakerphone while in the dock, changes back to handset mode when removing from dock.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #

Problem SOLVED! Or, at least partially. "Car Dock Speakerphone" app automatically sets all calls to speakerphone while in the dock, changes back to handset mode when removing from dock.
    Also, connecting with a BT headset over-rides. Just about perfect....

Alan
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Doid
    i have my aux connected from the phoen to the car when it's in my car dock. i also have to back right out of car dock mode to load pandora. instead of replacing buttons on the app, it would be cool if we could set "magnet polarity 1" to just launch a specific app.

one thing i have noticed, regarding the speakerphone not-enabled thing, since the other person is coming out of my car speakers, i can hear them just fine, and even leaving the speakerphone disabled, they can hear me just fine. so that is not an issue at all for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links