DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best ToDo list app?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by zeira View Post
    You can get the evernote beta here: http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta
    They're actively updating it. You can read more about evernote for android here Evernote User Forum • View forum - Evernote for Android, and on the plus side if you have any feedback they'll take it into account while they're developing the app. It works great for me although it's in beta.
    it's now available on the market!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jthorpe View Post
    After experimenting, i decided to use google calendar to accomplish this. This way, I have one location I can go to when I'm on my laptop OR on my phone. I created a new calendar called Tasks. So I have my main calendar and my tasks calendar. My main calendar is blue and my tasks are green.

When I want to create a task, I can either use the Calendar app on my phone or create it on gmail through the web interface. I create an all day event and label it whatever.

So now, when I open the calendar app on the phone, all my tasks are in green and all my appointments are in blue. It's the same on the gmail web interface. The cool thing about it is that the tasks stay at the top of the day I'm looking at and don't interfere with my appointments. Once I'm done with one, I just delete it. You can set reminders if you want to but I don't do that with tasks because I look at them all the time to make sure I get them all done for whatever day I'm on...

On top of all that, if you go to gmail calendar through the web interface on your phone, it has a very easy to read intuitive interface there. I love it, and can easily distinguish between tasks and appointments. I can edit them from any interface I want and everything is synced automagically.

So with all of those apps out there, I found that I don't need any of them. This is much easier for me. I also use google docs for my business, mail and calendar so no matter what I'm doing, I have access to everything.

A bonus feature to this is if you put the location on a task or appointment, you can bring up a map on your phone or your computer and get directions or see satellite view.
    Thanks for this it is working GREAT!

One question is there anyway to do strike through when you complete a task? I found on the phone there is character for a checkmark but on the computer I dont see a checkmark?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeira View Post
    I keep switching between google tasks and remember the milk. I think RTM is a lot more powerful if you learn how to use it and set up an appropriate system for you (tags, lists, smart lists, priority, etc). You can try the RTM application and widget for two weeks I think before you have to pay for the pro account, the integration with Astrid also works pretty well.

You can integrate RTM with gmail and with google calendar on your computer, you can email tasks to your RTM email address in the "smart add" form. But I'm still looking for a nice widget to display a selected list of tasks on the home screen with nice formatting. The pure calendar developer is working on an implementation for this, but it's still in beta and has a way to go. The RTM app has a customizable widget, but it looks pretty ugly, and that would be the only reason to get the pro account, otherwise Astrid does pretty much everything.

Can google calendar and astrid work together if so how do i integrate that?
    also you mention google tasks how do i get access to google tasks on the droid?

thanks
    Last edited by sillyrabbitt123; 12-21-2009 at 05:11 PM.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post

Can google calendar and astrid work together if so how do i integrate that?
    also you mention google tasks how do i get access to google tasks on the droid?
    Astrid has a check box if you want to link the task in Google Calendar
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I like Remember The Milk as it supports repeating To-Do's. For monthly/weekly items, you can mark them completed and it will pop up again the next month.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm having a small issue with Remember the Milk Sync with Astrid. Everything seems to be going fairly well. If I add a task on the website or the droid they seem to sync fine to each other. However if I email a task to RTM it will get added to the website just fine, but the emailed in tasks won't sync to Astrid...

I really wanted to get this to work. Anyone have any ideas. I realize it is more of a Remember the Milk issue but just in case someone ran into this.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mpenda View Post
    I like Remember The Milk as it supports repeating To-Do's. For monthly/weekly items, you can mark them completed and it will pop up again the next month.
    +1 for that feature. The repeating feature is extremely flexible and powerful. It can be set to months, weeks, number of days, and on particular days of the week. Can even be set to every other wednesday, for example.

Furthermore, notes can be appended to a particular task. And since I capture most of my tasks when I'm at my computer rather than on my phone, the web interface is much appreciated.

Note that some of these features may be part of the paid version of the app. In fact, I'm not even sure if there is a free (as opposed to a trial) version.
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible 2
    Any.Do, Evernote, Do it (Tomorrow) all of them are great free apps.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links