DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ToDo list app?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    All the apps mentioned are good. For ease I've found Mobilse and Melon quite user friendly. I like that Melon allows you to add toasts to your notes, so anytime that you have to unlock your phone a small sticky of your note pops up on the home screen for a sec or two and then disappears. I mostly use these two along with Astrid and sometimes gtasks. All of their strenghts balance out their weaknesses, but I look forward when someone can develop an app that intergrates all of these functions, such as home screen widget, toast reminder, sync with gmail calender, voice reminder like the one found in action complete (also good), notes and advanced planner capability both with reminders into one. "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The developer of Pure Calendar is working on integrating astrid in his widget. It's not very customizable yet, but it looks promising.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I tried a bunch of them including Gtasks and Remember the milk. while RTM was pretty good, I'm not interested in paying 20 bucks to use it. Just not worth it to me when there are so many programs out there to do this....

After experimenting, i decided to use google calendar to accomplish this. This way, I have one location I can go to when I'm on my laptop OR on my phone. I created a new calendar called Tasks. So I have my main calendar and my tasks calendar. My main calendar is blue and my tasks are green.

When I want to create a task, I can either use the Calendar app on my phone or create it on gmail through the web interface. I create an all day event and label it whatever.

So now, when I open the calendar app on the phone, all my tasks are in green and all my appointments are in blue. It's the same on the gmail web interface. The cool thing about it is that the tasks stay at the top of the day I'm looking at and don't interfere with my appointments. Once I'm done with one, I just delete it. You can set reminders if you want to but I don't do that with tasks because I look at them all the time to make sure I get them all done for whatever day I'm on...

On top of all that, if you go to gmail calendar through the web interface on your phone, it has a very easy to read intuitive interface there. I love it, and can easily distinguish between tasks and appointments. I can edit them from any interface I want and everything is synced automagically.

So with all of those apps out there, I found that I don't need any of them. This is much easier for me. I also use google docs for my business, mail and calendar so no matter what I'm doing, I have access to everything.

A bonus feature to this is if you put the location on a task or appointment, you can bring up a map on your phone or your computer and get directions or see satellite view.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just checked, Evernote does not support Android yet. Too bad.
    They seem to support all the other phone OS's so maybe it's coming.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me .
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You can get the evernote beta here: http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta
    They're actively updating it. You can read more about evernote for android here Evernote User Forum • View forum - Evernote for Android, and on the plus side if you have any feedback they'll take it into account while they're developing the app. It works great for me although it's in beta.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zeira View Post
    You can get the evernote beta here: http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta
    They're actively updating it. You can read more about evernote for android here Evernote User Forum • View forum - Evernote for Android, and on the plus side if you have any feedback they'll take it into account while they're developing the app. It works great for me although it's in beta.
    As a side note, you'll need the program "AppsInstaller" to install a .apk packaged program on the phone.

I put the evernote beta on my phone. It's got some really great features like integrating photos and websites into your notes. I've noticed though that while you can add check boxes to your note entries, they can't be activated/checked. I like the program and I'm gonna use it for now, as I need a web synced interface. I want to see what Mobisle Notes does with their web interface when that comes out though.
    Last edited by eNonsense; 12-07-2009 at 01:09 AM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I tried some of the apps mentioned already. I thought Astrid was a good one.

But, I just end up using AK Notepad all the time because it's the simplest to use. Create a note, set a reminder time, you're done. And I like that there is a setting that makes it look like a yellow paper/brown lined legal pad.

AK Notepad

Some might like more options, for example in Astrid you can give each note a priority level. But I just like a simple reminder.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto - Droid
    I am using Astrid, and overall I like the application.

That being said I wish there was an application that was better suited to the GTD system, and less like a to do list. If any one has read GTD you know what I mean about being project and action based, and no a simple task based system.

I would love an application where you set up projects, and then next actions build off from that.

Too bad the GTD people can't come up with a killer app!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Astrid with Remember the Milk can work pretty well. If you google Astrid + GTD you could find how some people use it to implement GTD. I'm still working on a system.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3
    I am using the GTD system on RTM. I have set up the lists on RTM as the actions found in GTD i.e. @Office, @phone..... and then I use the tags in RTM as my projects. That way I can sort by action and project by using lists and tags in RTM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best ToDo list app?-rtm.jpg  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links