DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Is The Best FREE Weather/Radar App Out There?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I too like weatherbug but only have the free version right now. Does the elite version actually follow your location and update the weather in the widget? Also, I like the hour by hour forecast that the weather channel app provides. Does weatherbug elite or any other weather apps give an hourly forecast?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    fantom557
    Phone
    Note 3 & will have the best
    best radar app is rainy days i have had them all. try it!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rockin the HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by kasch18 View Post
    I too like weatherbug but only have the free version right now. Does the elite version actually follow your location and update the weather in the widget? Also, I like the hour by hour forecast that the weather channel app provides. Does weatherbug elite or any other weather apps give an hourly forecast?
    Weatherbug Elite does follow your location and you can choose how often you want it to update the weather in your location. I haven't used the Widget itself since I'm using the Beautiful Widget on mine. The different layers you can turn on on the Weatherbug Elite are pretty neat also. If you click on the Weatherbug elite app it also gives you an hour by hour break down of the weather for the day.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Hey guys just givingv feedback on the recomended rainy days. It is awesome! Ty ty ty for recomending.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Found this forum and thread via Google in search of good radar looping app. The search is over. Thumbs up to Rainy Days. Fast loading radar loop.

Radar Now is good since it uses direct feed from the Wx Service but that can have ground clutter, etc. Rainy Days is nice & cleaned up. Wx Channel app loop is slow in loading. Rainy Days is the best. I'm surprised I had to do a search for it. I would think it would be higher up on the apps list because I've never stumbled on to it before.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Rainy Days
    I'm so confsed, it shows my entire state covered in grey and light blue which is the low end of the precipitation cahrt, yet it's sunny adn 70 degrees outside, not a cloud in site, weather.com confirms this with no orecip in a 300 mile radius.

It shows the precip in Iowa just fine, why the hell does it think there are showers over 3 entire states when there isn't?

OK, WTF I zoom out and the entire east coast is covered in this grey color, yet weather.com shows zero precip.

I think this app is trying to be too accurate.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
    Rainy Days
    I'm so confsed, it shows my entire state covered in grey and light blue which is the low end of the precipitation cahrt, yet it's sunny adn 70 degrees outside, not a cloud in site, weather.com confirms this with no orecip in a 300 mile radius.

It shows the precip in Iowa just fine, why the hell does it think there are showers over 3 entire states when there isn't?

OK, WTF I zoom out and the entire east coast is covered in this grey color, yet weather.com shows zero precip.

I think this app is trying to be too accurate.
    If you do a zoom out, you can see it's picking up virga from the radar sites. Slight glitch on a sunny day apparently.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jhalsey205 View Post
    I am a fan of
    • Imap Weather
    • Radar Now
    • Weather Bug
    Weather bug all the way.weather bug one more time here

Ok fine weather bug then.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by VolDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kasch18 View Post
    Weatherbug Elite does follow your location and you can choose how often you want it to update the weather in your location. I haven't used the Widget itself since I'm using the Beautiful Widget on mine. The different layers you can turn on on the Weatherbug Elite are pretty neat also. If you click on the Weatherbug elite app it also gives you an hour by hour break down of the weather for the day.
    No differences from the free one
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    i don't like weather bug. It caused spyware problems with a PC I had. It is a known source of issues with the Blackberry Storm (then again, that's one of several). And I just don't trust the devs.

Also the locations they give to pick from are like Catholic schools and stuff like that. How am I suppose to know where this stuff is located.

I'm using Radar Now, I'm not happy with that and I also have The Weather Channel which is pretty nice. I'm going to try Rainy Days right now.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links