DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: rom manager problem

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted samsung galaxy nexus

rom manager problem

Ok I was wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with rom manager for me. I have been rooted for a good couple months, used to use the update zip method before rom manager came along, but since then I have been flashing roms with the app.

Now when I download a new rom, it shows the wipe data/cache prompt and then says it will boot into recovery mode to start the process. However all it does is just reboot normally, without going into recovery.

Going back into rom manager it shows a pop up saying "recovery failure" then lists a bunch of options, but I am lost at this point. Any ideas?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bhawks View Post
    Ok I was wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with rom manager for me. I have been rooted for a good couple months, used to use the update zip method before rom manager came along, but since then I have been flashing roms with the app.

Now when I download a new rom, it shows the wipe data/cache prompt and then says it will boot into recovery mode to start the process. However all it does is just reboot normally, without going into recovery.

Going back into rom manager it shows a pop up saying "recovery failure" then lists a bunch of options, but I am lost at this point. Any ideas?
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled rom manager and it fixed that problem for me. I know some people had some luck by switching to sprecovery and then back to clockwork as well.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    go down to the bottom hit flash alt recovery then after its done go up to flash clockwork recovery then it will work i am sure of it

Quote Originally Posted by bhawks View Post

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted samsung galaxy nexus
    Thanks for the help, I just reinstalled the app and it works fine now

Links