DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What have YOU done with Tasker?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rownie23 View Post

I wrote the sunset time profile. Part of the problems may be the recent changes in Tasker. I will up date the wiki now, see if that helps, give it 15 minutes though so I can do it.

Ok just small changes, see if you can get the times now and let me know. If you can I will post how I linked it to the backgrounds.
    I tried again, I couldn't see any changes in the task for obtaining the data. I hope I haven't missed any, please forgive my ignorance if you did change that part of the task.

I added some flashes to see what happens to the variables after each step. So in order: flash location, go to www.geomojo, split %HTTPD, flash %HTTP, split %HTTPD1, flash %HTTP1. This is all I added.

The location flashes up with co-ordinates, but immediately after the line to go to www.geomojo I asked it to flash %HTTPD, expecting to see something other than %HTTPD, but I didn't. After splitting %HTTPD1, I saw some data.
    I added a text file to catch what was being flashed up after split %HTTPD1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <rss version="2.0" xmlns:yweather="http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/ns/rss/1.0" xmlns:geo="http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#">
    <channel>
    <title>Yahoo! Weather - Error</title>
    <description>Yahoo! Weather Error</description>
    <item><title>City not found</title><description>
    Invalid Input /forecastrss?w=%HTTPD12
    </description></item></channel></rss><!-- api1.weather.ch1.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Fri Dec 10 09:18:47 PST 2010 -->

At the very end of the task I wrote a text file to catch all the data of all the variables used, which is always blank. I hope this can shed some light on the problem.
    Are you using the full url for geomojo?

http://www.geomojo.org/cgi-bin/rever...LOC2&lat=%LOC1
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Desire
    [/quote]

www.geomojo.org/cgi-bin/reversecoder.cgi?long=%LOC2&lat=%LOC1[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just shortened it in my post. I don't suppose this is the root of the problem: Reverse geocoding is down due to popular demand. geomojo.org ?
    Geocoding is down?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

www.geomojo.org/cgi-bin/reversecoder.cgi?long=%LOC2&lat=%LOC1[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just shortened it in my post. I don't suppose this is the root of the problem: Reverse geocoding is down due to popular demand. geomojo.org ?
    Geocoding is down?[/QUOTE]

That is why. I didn't notice it with my code because I already have the variables set...

I'll see if I can figure out a way to do it now. It could be quite tough though so I have no estimate.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have it fixed I think, the wiki is updated.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Desire
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post
    So I see, I'm currently playing around with it. It's looking promising, thank you for your help.

It does work as you say. I added "&u=c" to the end of "weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=%HTTPD12" to display the temperatures in Celsius. Now it's a case of extracting the data I need as and when I need it.

One other thing regarding variable splits: is there a specific procedure/method for naming the splits? For example, do I start with %HTTPD then %HTTPD1, %HTTPD2, %HTTPD21, %HTTPD212? I have seen a very detailed profile with very long variable split names. I have to admit I'm finding them a bit confusing. http://groups.google.com/group/taske...012ea7e3d7476d
    Last edited by rownie23; 12-13-2010 at 12:50 PM.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post

Ok I will test out today. Thanks Neb. One thing though shouldn't the state for the wifi Off be Wifi connected (invert)? Not sure if this was a typo or not.

Tanks again Nebula
    Oops yes it should have invert checked. Thanks for checking that.
    Hey Nebula, I've been running this new wifi off profile for a while
    and what I've noticed is that when I leave my house and my phone disconnects fom my network the wifi off profile kicks in and shuts down Home and wifi on, but then once wifi off does it's thing and disables itself, My home profile kicks back in (obviosly 'cause I'm still in my cell near range) but so does my wifi on profile and it won't shut the wifi back off (which I think it should 'cause it can't connect to my network) for a long time or whenever I leave my home area. Shouldn't the wifi on profile not come back on until it is near my wifi network.

I would think what you are trying to do is when you disconnect from home network to keep the wifi on profile off until it is wifi near again, it's close but I'm not sure if it's quite there yet....hopefully the issue is not on my end, and if so I appoligize.
    Any word on this Nebula?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Oops yes it should have invert checked. Thanks for checking that.
    Hey Nebula, I've been running this new wifi off profile for a while
    and what I've noticed is that when I leave my house and my phone disconnects fom my network the wifi off profile kicks in and shuts down Home and wifi on, but then once wifi off does it's thing and disables itself, My home profile kicks back in (obviosly 'cause I'm still in my cell near range) but so does my wifi on profile and it won't shut the wifi back off (which I think it should 'cause it can't connect to my network) for a long time or whenever I leave my home area. Shouldn't the wifi on profile not come back on until it is near my wifi network.

I would think what you are trying to do is when you disconnect from home network to keep the wifi on profile off until it is wifi near again, it's close but I'm not sure if it's quite there yet....hopefully the issue is not on my end, and if so I appoligize.
    Any word on this Nebula?
    I noticed something like this with mine as well. But the Wifi On profile was turning off after a scan. It might help to turn the needed wifi signal to 1 instead of 0.

That option is in the wifi near context.

Sorry I forgot about this I was busy Christmas shopping this weekend and was sick on Friday.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So I see, I'm currently playing around with it. It's looking promising, thank you for your help.
    My test showed it worked (I was off by almost a half hour already)

To integrate into the weather background I changed its nighttime check from 7:00 and 19:00 to %SUNRISE and %SUNSET respectively.

I then created a task to run at some random time in the morning before I get up to update the times.

He wrote
    "A final thing I did because it looked cool was to add a Variable Set where I check the time, and if the time is greater than 19 (%TIME is system variable, in format 15.45 = 3:45pm) I append the phrase "Night" to the end of the %HTTPD21. Make sure the Append check box is checked."

I just changed the 19 to %SUNSET and added another line that does the same thing except it checks if %TIME is < %SUNRISE

If you'd like I can also make this based on your current location and not the preset zipcode. I already do this on my phone.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Desire

If you'd like I can also make this based on your current location and not the preset zipcode. I already do this on my phone.
    Would this involve integrating the "Find My Phone" profile up on the Wiki?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Would this involve integrating the "Find My Phone" profile up on the Wiki?
    Yeah it runs just like the sunrise and set data but I can make it work only on your network location.
Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Links