DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What have YOU done with Tasker?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Having an issue with a Task I have set up for when I dock it and remove...

I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

Right now, I have the work one set up as the following:

Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Bedside:

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post

I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Bedside:

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
    What are your conditions and what is "Go Home"
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    I was reading about profiles that other people use and some say that they can get their phone to say "Welcome Home" when they reach home. It's corny but funny. How do you get it to say stuff? is there some text to speech component? or do they just mean a notification?

Nevermind figured it out. It's under Misc>Say for those that are wondering
    Last edited by czerdrill; 09-21-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Bedside:

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Conditions are 'Docked' and between certain hours (work hours for work and normal sleep hours for bedside)

"Go Home" is the action of displaying my home screen. Acts as if I pressed my home screen button on the Droid.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Bedside:

Enter:
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

Conditions are 'Docked' and between certain hours (work hours for work and normal sleep hours for bedside)

"Go Home" is the action of displaying my home screen. Acts as if I pressed my home screen button on the Droid.
    I'll test this on my way home tonight in my car dock. I don't have a multimedia dock to check it in.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I'll test this on my way home tonight in my car dock. I don't have a multimedia dock to check it in.
    I had no problems with the setting of auto off and then to the same display level you have set. It also switched back without issue.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been kicking around with Tasker for some time now. I've created a few different profiles I really like. Some more complicated than others, but all very useful. Here's one I find very informative.

It's an SMS task that tells me (audibly) how many unread SMS messages I have waiting for me. The status is reset when the screen is unlocked. I explain what is really going on after the profile...

Variables I created:

• %MESSAGES
    • %SPL

EVENT: Received SMS

TASK:

1. If volume is > 0, set %SPL to on.
    2. If %MESSAGES is < 1, set variable %MESSAGES to 1
    3. If %MESSAGES ~ 1, play specified notification sound.
    4. Go To Action # 6
    5. If %SPL ~ on Say: %MESSAGES unread messages
    6. Variable Add: %MESSAGES Value: 1

This may look complicated but is rather easy in explanation. All we're doing here is saying, run the task if volume is ON. On the first SMS message, assign a value of 1 to the variable MESSAGES and play my notification sound defined in line 3. For all subsequent SMS messages received, add a value of 1 to MESSAGES and tell me how many SMS messages I have remaining. Now, whenever I have the volume set to ON, I am told by the nice little 'Google voice lady' that "4 unread messages" etc...And of course, this message can be altered as you see fit as well!

Originally I had this set to tell me every 5 minutes how many messages I have, and then further defined it to do that for a period of 1 hour. However, if I leave my phone volume ON someplace and I'm now around, this can get annoying for others. In the end I just changed it to tell me when I get a message and how many messages I have if it's more than 1 unread message.

An important characteristic of Tasker which must be understood is how variables are read when defining the 'IF' statement. Provided you understand this, you can get very creative and can easily see why line 4 gets skipped after the original SMS is received.

As for clearing the message counter, I have one large task which uses 'Display Unlocked' to clear various variables for all of my tasks in Tasker when the screen is unlocked.

Separately, I have another SMS loop in the event I have the volume ~ 0 which is similar to the 'Missed Call' loop on the Tasker profiles page. The only difference is that I changed the vibration pattern so that it is distinctly different than how my phone vibrates for missed calls.

And finally for all SMS notifications I enable the LED to flash yellow. It's a separate task altogether.

Overall I'm very happy with the capability of this app. I only wish someone would come out with a 'root' capable version If that happens, watch out for some real doozies of some scripts!
    Last edited by Tekmazter; 09-21-2010 at 08:48 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone - Android 2.1update1
    Newby here.
    Very nice. Can you please attache te profile for better learning and understanding.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I saw this Shake2MuteCalls Silences Your Ringer When You Jostle Your Android Phone

And I am going to try and develop a profile for this function in tasker. If you are interested, let me know and I will give detailed instructions after I finish it and its working.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid Cyanogenmod
    So I just finished a sweet little Tasker Profile that I am enjoying. So when I am at work I am unable to bring my phone into work BUT...... I do have access to the interwebz so I setup a tasker profile based on when I am near a cell site it goes into work mode. Once in work mode all sms messages are forwarded to my Google Voice account. Now the tricky part since just replying from my google voice account wasnt good enough for me LOL I set it up so that when I send my phone a txt msg from google voice the first txt is the phone number and it stored that then the next msg is the sms body so I can actually respond to sms messages from work and they still look like they are coming from my phone. If anyone is interested in this I can post up the profiles for it later.
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Links