DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1072
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What have YOU done with Tasker?

  1. Master Droid
    Beardface's Avatar
    Member #
    54359
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    601
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Having an issue with a Task I have set up for when I dock it and remove...

    I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

    Right now, I have the work one set up as the following:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    Bedside:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
  2. Master Droid
    NebulaOcton's Avatar
    Member #
    80961
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Having an issue with a Task I have set up for when I dock it and remove...

    I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

    Right now, I have the work one set up as the following:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    Bedside:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
    What are your conditions and what is "Go Home"
  3. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    I was reading about profiles that other people use and some say that they can get their phone to say "Welcome Home" when they reach home. It's corny but funny. How do you get it to say stuff? is there some text to speech component? or do they just mean a notification?

    Nevermind figured it out. It's under Misc>Say for those that are wondering
    Last edited by czerdrill; 09-21-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Master Droid
    Beardface's Avatar
    Member #
    54359
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    601
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Having an issue with a Task I have set up for when I dock it and remove...

    I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

    Right now, I have the work one set up as the following:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    Bedside:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
    What are your conditions and what is "Go Home"
    Conditions are 'Docked' and between certain hours (work hours for work and normal sleep hours for bedside)

    "Go Home" is the action of displaying my home screen. Acts as if I pressed my home screen button on the Droid.
  5. Master Droid
    NebulaOcton's Avatar
    Member #
    80961
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Having an issue with a Task I have set up for when I dock it and remove...

    I want to have it set up so that the screen always stays on (avoiding the dock screen) but dims all the way at night and stays bright when I'm at work (I use the dock at both places)

    Right now, I have the work one set up as the following:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 236

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    Bedside:

    Enter:
    Stay on with AC or USB Power
    Auto Brightness Off
    Display Brightness 20

    Exit:
    Auto Brightness On
    Go Home

    However, it doesn't look like either Task is picking up on both turning Auto Brightness off and the Display Brightness. Any suggestions?
    What are your conditions and what is "Go Home"
    Conditions are 'Docked' and between certain hours (work hours for work and normal sleep hours for bedside)

    "Go Home" is the action of displaying my home screen. Acts as if I pressed my home screen button on the Droid.
    I'll test this on my way home tonight in my car dock. I don't have a multimedia dock to check it in.
  6. Master Droid
    NebulaOcton's Avatar
    Member #
    80961
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NebulaOcton View Post

    What are your conditions and what is "Go Home"
    Conditions are 'Docked' and between certain hours (work hours for work and normal sleep hours for bedside)

    "Go Home" is the action of displaying my home screen. Acts as if I pressed my home screen button on the Droid.
    I'll test this on my way home tonight in my car dock. I don't have a multimedia dock to check it in.
    I had no problems with the setting of auto off and then to the same display level you have set. It also switched back without issue.
  7. Senior Droid
    Tekmazter's Avatar
    Member #
    4791
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been kicking around with Tasker for some time now. I've created a few different profiles I really like. Some more complicated than others, but all very useful. Here's one I find very informative.

    It's an SMS task that tells me (audibly) how many unread SMS messages I have waiting for me. The status is reset when the screen is unlocked. I explain what is really going on after the profile...

    Variables I created:

    • %MESSAGES
    • %SPL

    EVENT: Received SMS

    TASK:

    1. If volume is > 0, set %SPL to on.
    2. If %MESSAGES is < 1, set variable %MESSAGES to 1
    3. If %MESSAGES ~ 1, play specified notification sound.
    4. Go To Action # 6
    5. If %SPL ~ on Say: %MESSAGES unread messages
    6. Variable Add: %MESSAGES Value: 1

    This may look complicated but is rather easy in explanation. All we're doing here is saying, run the task if volume is ON. On the first SMS message, assign a value of 1 to the variable MESSAGES and play my notification sound defined in line 3. For all subsequent SMS messages received, add a value of 1 to MESSAGES and tell me how many SMS messages I have remaining. Now, whenever I have the volume set to ON, I am told by the nice little 'Google voice lady' that "4 unread messages" etc...And of course, this message can be altered as you see fit as well!

    Originally I had this set to tell me every 5 minutes how many messages I have, and then further defined it to do that for a period of 1 hour. However, if I leave my phone volume ON someplace and I'm now around, this can get annoying for others. In the end I just changed it to tell me when I get a message and how many messages I have if it's more than 1 unread message.

    An important characteristic of Tasker which must be understood is how variables are read when defining the 'IF' statement. Provided you understand this, you can get very creative and can easily see why line 4 gets skipped after the original SMS is received.

    As for clearing the message counter, I have one large task which uses 'Display Unlocked' to clear various variables for all of my tasks in Tasker when the screen is unlocked.

    Separately, I have another SMS loop in the event I have the volume ~ 0 which is similar to the 'Missed Call' loop on the Tasker profiles page. The only difference is that I changed the vibration pattern so that it is distinctly different than how my phone vibrates for missed calls.

    And finally for all SMS notifications I enable the LED to flash yellow. It's a separate task altogether.

    Overall I'm very happy with the capability of this app. I only wish someone would come out with a 'root' capable version If that happens, watch out for some real doozies of some scripts!
    Last edited by Tekmazter; 09-21-2010 at 08:48 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Thomas_AR's Avatar
    Member #
    77339
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Milestone - Android 2.1update1
    Newby here.
    Very nice. Can you please attache te profile for better learning and understanding.
  9. Master Droid
    NebulaOcton's Avatar
    Member #
    80961
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I saw this Shake2MuteCalls Silences Your Ringer When You Jostle Your Android Phone

    And I am going to try and develop a profile for this function in tasker. If you are interested, let me know and I will give detailed instructions after I finish it and its working.
  10. Junior Droid
    MrJester's Avatar
    Member #
    99362
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Moto Droid Cyanogenmod
    So I just finished a sweet little Tasker Profile that I am enjoying. So when I am at work I am unable to bring my phone into work BUT...... I do have access to the interwebz so I setup a tasker profile based on when I am near a cell site it goes into work mode. Once in work mode all sms messages are forwarded to my Google Voice account. Now the tricky part since just replying from my google voice account wasnt good enough for me LOL I set it up so that when I send my phone a txt msg from google voice the first txt is the phone number and it stored that then the next msg is the sms body so I can actually respond to sms messages from work and they still look like they are coming from my phone. If anyone is interested in this I can post up the profiles for it later.
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Android Application Tasker
    By RW-1 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 12:02 PM
  2. How to set up Tasker
    By Tbone9191 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:39 AM
  3. Locale/Tasker using calendar?
    By harrellj in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
  4. Using Tasker + Good Morning as an ultimate personal assistant
    By jamsesh in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Search tags for this page

android tasker examples

,
android tasker profiles
,

best tasker profiles

,
how to use tasker
,
tasker android examples
,

tasker examples

,
tasker forums
,

tasker profiles

,
tasker scenes
,
what have you done with tasker
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+