DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1072
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What have YOU done with Tasker?

1. lesorkim
    Hello! I'm brand new to smart phones and Tasker, but eager to get a couple of things set up.
    Phone = Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verison.
    D/L'ed Tasker a few days ago. Also have NFC Tasker and a handful of NFC tags.

Here's my question:
    1. Is there a place in Tasker where the Profile, or condition is, swiped (name) NFC tag?
    2. I am aware that NFC Task Launcher has an option to launch a Tasker "task". Does that mean I would just have to create a Profile whose conditions would never be met, and use that profile to create a task that matches the things I want done?

Thanks in advance for you consideration of this issue.
    Les in WEntzville, MO
  2. lesorkim
    About a week ago I found some Tasker code for "Silent at night except for certian contacts" - too bad I didn't bookmark it! I thought it was on here but I could not find it after mutiple searches. Anyone familar with this? (No need to reinvent the wheel)

Basically, I want to launch "Bedtime mode" with an NFC tag (because bedtime changes from day to day) this being a set of settings that will silence all sounds and vibrations of all kinds, EXCEPT text message notifications and phone call rings from certian contacts. Then in the morning a second swipe of the NFC tag returns all systems to normal.

In other words, I want a call from my teen if he is out late at night and needs me, but I don't want his call breaking through silent mode mid day when I am in a business meeting. (Because the mid day urgent message is, "We're out of Mt. Dew!"

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

EDIT 9-17-2012; Never mind, just found it in this thread, #940.
    Last edited by lesorkim; 09-17-2012 at 02:30 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    Quote Originally Posted by lesorkim View Post
    2. I am aware that NFC Task Launcher has an option to launch a Tasker "task". Does that mean I would just have to create a Profile whose conditions would never be met, and use that profile to create a task that matches the things I want done?
    You can create a named task that is not associated with any particular event. This is helpful if you know you'll be using that particular task with multiple profiles, or you don't really want to attach it to a profile, and instead call it some other way (eg, through a widget on your homescreen, or perhaps by calling it through another app, such as NFC Task Launcher [well, I'm guessing about this particular app] ). Simply open Tasker, go to the tasks tab, press the green plus button, name your task, and then set it up however you want.
    lesorkim likes this.
  4. lesorkim
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoRon View Post
    You can create a named task that is not associated with any particular event.
    Ok, Great, I'll try that out. It's helpful to know I'm headed down the right path. I'll just have to use NFC Task Launcher to launch the Tasker task. Thanks for your help!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    You're welcome. Hopefully it works out.
  6. lesorkim
    Hello Again:

I am still working on my NFC triggered Task called SILENT NIGHT. This individual task is just to keep the phone entirely quiet at night; no phone calls, notifications, emails, dings, buzzes, or rings. The only thing I don’t have muted is the Alarm that I will later need to wake up. (Later I will work on the exceptions.)

Task Name = SILENT NIGHT
    Alarm Volume Level 7
    Media Volume Level 0
    Notification Pulse Set 0
    Ringer Volume Level 0
    Sound Effects Set Off
    System Volume Level 0
    Vibrate on Ringer Set Off
    Notification Volume Level 0
    Silent Mode On
    Vibrate on Notify Set Off
    Auto Brightness Set Off
    Display Brightness Level 20
    Notify Title “Silent Night Mode”

Here’s my newbie question;
    Where can I find an article/link that explains the “Silent Mode” setting? I suspect that some of my settings here are redundant.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    Silent mode will disable all system wide sounds etc (notifications sounds for incoming calls, email and various other incoming messages), and will still allow sounds from your mp3 player, your alarm clock, etc.

I don't know of any specific article explaining it, I just know from my own use (I had my D2 on silent mode for the year and a half that it was both my phone and alarm clock; now it's just alarm clock). I think silent mode should cover all those settings you mentioned. Except, perhaps, the vibration settings. I just checked the system settings, under Sounds, there is an option for silent mode, with the sub-options off, vibrate, mute. I guess if you want to also disable the vibrations, and your phone has the option, the muted silent mode sounds like what you're looking for.
  8. lesorkim
    As it turns out, the wife has decided that she wants to hear incoming phone calls at night, but no other sounds, and that can be easily accomplished with NFC Task Launcher only. So I have abandoned using Tasker at this time. In the meantime I am having some other odd circumstances coming up and I would like to uninstall all the apps I am not using in order to eliminate as many possiblilties for conflict.

My Question: I want to uninstall Tasker. Is there a serial number somewhere I should record so that when/if I decided to install it in the future I won't need to purchase it again? (Purchased at Google Play Store.)
    Last edited by lesorkim; 10-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    You can uninstall any apps you've purchased from the Play store without worries.

Google will keep track of your purchases, and you can download them again (from the same account) any time you want, on any Android device you own.

If you've rooted your phone, I do recommend backing up the apk, as sometimes app creators will remove an app from the store.... and it'd be kinda lame to lose something you paid for.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ONE XL

SMS Popup disable?

Hi guys,

I am starting to get the hang of Tasker, after just a couple of days.

I use SMS Popup for my text notifications (I always have, I just like the look and feel of it, plus it marks sms as read once closed).
    After trying to come up with a Tasker alternative for it, I am happy to go back to the app.

Although, now when in my 'Car Mode' Profile (uses HTC Car and some bluetooth automation), I have Tasker set up to do a completely different menu pop-up for SMS, with the option of TTS, etc. Tasker works great, except I still get the SMS Popup as well. Is there a way to disable SMS Popup while in Car Mode?

I have tried Kill app, then load app on exit, but I don't want to load the app, because that just loads a settings screen.

Any help is appreciated!!
    Cheers

Links