I'm using HTC EVO 4G. I can't find the volume keys under hardware. I would like to use the volume key to take a pic. When in camera app.
Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums
My first post to this forum. I love Tasker. It makes my phone complete. Am here to find out what other creative uses people have had with Tasker.
Here is how I am using it:
I use HTC sense scenes based on where I am - one for home, one for office, one for outside, and some other scenes for fun, social etc.
In each of these scenes, I have a tasker widget, which sets a variable %AtHome (for e.g. ) to 2, and other variables (%AtOffice, %AtOutside) to 1. I use these scenes because I have different apps loaded for them.
My tasker profiles then use these variables heavily.
1) At home, wifi, ringer volume, wifi sleep policy etc.
2) At home, and between 10 to 11 pm remind me some things by tts speech.
3) At home, open sms app for any received message and read it aloud.
4) Shutdown almost everything when battery is less than 30% except when power plugged
5) Every morning, speak out time in interval of 15 minutes till I open a specific app.
6) Enable GPS for some apps when loaded
7) Unlock phone when display on, and set it to lock when display off - i know, its useless, but I dont like swiping to unlock.
8) Go to vibrate when in office.
9) When not at home, vibrate once every hour. When at home, read aloud the time every hour.
10) Disable 3g when display off, enable when on.
11) Open messaging and email apps when new stuff received. Helps to clear out the notification tray.
12) For incoming call, unlock phone and increase brightness
13) At office, reduce media volume to 0 when headset unplugged. Helps at random times when I forget to pause music.
14) No screen timeout for specific apps
15) Every morning, read aloud the weather, high/low and sunrise/sunset.
16) At home, max media volume for music apps.
I know they are a lot, but hv got used to them so much!
I'm looking to tackle Tasker and wanted to start small. As a simple test I wanted to ramp up an example to learn from in these stages:
1. Have the phone speak a phrase at a specific time.
2. Have the phone speak welcome messages upon my arriving home.
3. Have the phone speak those messages with variable phrasing based on the time of day/night.
Already I've hit a confusing point. I set up one to just say "Time to party!" a few minutes from the time I created it. The time came and went. No sound. I then turned on the phone to see what was wrong and immediately I heard, "Time to party!". What do I need to do to have the phone speak regardless of the phone being
Sorry if this has been answered but, I did a cursory search & yielded nothing.
I have been using a Tasker Profile to automatically send an SMS when I'm driving.
Auto Reply to an SMS while using Car Cradle - Tasker Wiki
This worked on my D2G quite well but recently I upgraded to a Bionic & the application "Car Dock" does not appear. I do see two smart dock application but am unsure if that is what I should be using as the phone states "Connected to Navigation Dock" when connected to the Motorola Car Dock.
Trying to set up the home wifi profile from Low Battery Usage Wifi Enableing Profile Using Wifi Near - Tasker Wiki; it's going fine until i reach the point where it specifies:
"Add an exit task - New Task - ok - "+" - Net - WiFi - Off - If %WIFIC matches 0 - Done - Done"
because there is not built-in %WIFIC variable, just %WIFI and %WIFII. Wondering, has this variable has been removed in recent versions of tasker?
Nevermind, the %WIFIC variable is created later in the instructions.
Last edited by mhous33; 12-03-2011 at 10:50 PM.
I was using Tasker to maximize the brightness each time I launched DocumentsToGo, which worked great. But I have since switched to OfficeSuite Pro (for it's native RTF support) and the Tasker brightness modification that I was using for DocumentsToGo works when first launching OfficeSuite Pro, but when you actually open ANY file -- doc, rtf, pdf, etc. -- the brightness setting is lost.
I realize, sort of, what the problem is. OfficeSuite launches a separate app, or command, within itself whenever actually opening a file to edit, so then Tasker loses the command. Is there a way to get Tasker to work for an app and ALL sub-programs or windows that the app prompts afterward?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!!
If there is a post re turning on/off Bluetooth on the phone, when you activate the Bluetooth device, would someone point me to it? Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Gingerbreadless stock Thunderbolt
well 2 things. #1000 (wow) and also, what are the %s for wifi? if its on i want it off. what % is it when its on and what % when its off?
Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.
Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex
Now-romans with Lean Kernel.
1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.