DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WaveSecure

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X & XOOM
    You only get to find your location 4 times a day though. I hit my limit playing with it
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    just downloaded it and backing up my info now, Awesome little app...

Ok so i backed up my contacts and SMS, for some reason it only backed up 13 contacts...... i have umm... 200 contacts, why did it only find 13?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Why not back your contacts up to Gmail?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by coondogg97 View Post
    Just noticed, if you lock the screen and press the home button you can go home. The lock screen pops back up, but you can see your home screen for a second or two. I have folders on my home screen with direct dial shortcuts, I was able to see my home screen and dial a number in that folder all while the phone was locked.

Hope that gets fixed.
    I installed this today while at work and locked the screen with the alarm. When the phone started screaming (shattering the silence of the office may I add) I scrambled to find a way to shut it off and hit power. The menu asking to go into silent or airplane mode stopped the alarm and unlocked it, as I was able to fully use the phone again. I even called my voicemail. I shut the phone off and turned it back on and it immediately started screaming again when it booted up until I entered my pin to unlock it. Just letting everyone know that the lock isn't foolproof yet.

Edit: I locked my phone a 2nd time without the alarm and this worked well, but it gave me just enough time to open task killer pro and kill all apps before it locked the screen again, thus shutting the lock down. This seems pretty easily defeatable.

I'll keep it and wait for the updates, especially if beta users get to use the release versions for free. Hopefully it gets more bullet proof.
    Last edited by n0cturne74; 12-04-2009 at 12:33 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    Why not back your contacts up to Gmail?
    oh i have it all backed up there, i just figred i would test out that feature and was curious why it only picked up 13 contacts...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    OK I am curious too. Any pattern? Are you sure the 13 weren't just changes from a previous backup?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    This app has got to be hammering my battery. Since installing it 3 hours ago, my battery went from 70% to 15%. Yes I have been using the phone a little but normally by now I'd still have 50% left. I always make it through a work day with 30% or so left.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    OK I am curious too. Any pattern? Are you sure the 13 weren't just changes from a previous backup?
    No, i havent added any contacts since my last gmail backup, the only thing i have done in my contact list (i think it was done after i last back it up) was join some contacts that didnt join when i synced my facebook. but i know some of the 13 it backed up I have not changed at all since i got my phone and first backed it up. There are some totally random contacts that it chose too, so it wouldnt be the most recent people i have talked to or anything like that.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicwedgie View Post
    This app has got to be hammering my battery. Since installing it 3 hours ago, my battery went from 70% to 15%. Yes I have been using the phone a little but normally by now I'd still have 50% left. I always make it through a work day with 30% or so left.
    I havent noticed any change in battery use... i downloaded it about 4 hours ago and no real change....
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by themans23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicwedgie View Post
    I havent noticed any change in battery use... i downloaded it about 4 hours ago and no real change....
    I have had it on my phone for a few days and haven't had any issues with it draining power either.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links