DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WaveSecure

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I really do need to go back and check out any other particular flaws the app may have, though I'm really loathe to go back and lock it down.

Hrmmm...
    "The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and voracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooid
    Does the app have some method of preventing an intelligent thief from simply uninstalling it? It's not like you'll know insantly that your phone has been stolen.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by papy72 View Post
    Does the app have some method of preventing an intelligent thief from simply uninstalling it? It's not like you'll know insantly that your phone has been stolen.
    Not yet, but they're looking to make it so that you need to enter your pin to uninstall the app.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Anyone know if this uses SMS to send control messages? I've tried a few other apps like this and they all send SMS messages to get the phone to connect to their server. I really don't like this because it would alert a thief that you might be doing something with the phone... and I didn't get unlimited txt...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by theascended View Post
    Anyone know if this uses SMS to send control messages? I've tried a few other apps like this and they all send SMS messages to get the phone to connect to their server. I really don't like this because it would alert a thief that you might be doing something with the phone... and I didn't get unlimited txt...
    As was posted earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    Aye, I've had no problems with the app yet. It's actually pretty neat to note that the commands for the app are received via SMS, so you can see a bit of the app's internal workings for a split second before they're deleted by the app (that is, in the notifications window when the SMS first arrives).

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid!
    umm... Do we get charged for incoming international texts? I will have to check that on my next bill. Until then, it's back to Lookout!
    Last edited by atlharry; 12-03-2009 at 01:27 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I think the app does fairly well for a phone that isn't yet fully supported.
    "The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and voracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X & XOOM
    Going to their sight and logging in and selecting location....doesn't work for me. just says it can take a few minutes and nothing ever happens.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron636r View Post
    Going to their sight and logging in and selecting location....doesn't work for me. just says it can take a few minutes and nothing ever happens.
    Same with me. I see the GPS icon going but alas, it never works.

I can also tell you Handcent IM wreaks havoc with it. Everytime I lock my phone the Messaging app crashes and I have to force close.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X & XOOM
    I was impatient. Once I got my confirmation email to validated my email address the location option worked and got me pretty dead on.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Links