DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WaveSecure

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID !!!!
    https://www.wavesecure.com/phones.aspx#motorola tell me where you see motorola droid? i got the software from market and when i try to connect it says: unable to connect to the server! THIS MAY BE A LOST OR STOLEN PHONE. please connect to the internet and relaunch wavesecure beta to verify! PLEASE HELP.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Apparently, plenty of people are having success with it. I wonder if I'm having some type of conflict with apps. Does anyone using it have any other backup apps installed?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernandoborda View Post
    https://www.wavesecure.com/phones.aspx#motorola tell me where you see motorola droid? i got the software from market and when i try to connect it says: unable to connect to the server! THIS MAY BE A LOST OR STOLEN PHONE. please connect to the internet and relaunch wavesecure beta to verify! PLEASE HELP.
    I can't tell you where I see Motorola Droid, because its not on there. I can tell you though, that it runs fine on my Droid. It connects to the server fine, it backs up my data, etc. One thing though, are you sure you have a data connection? Wifi or 3G? Maybe that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgalaxy View Post
    Apparently, plenty of people are having success with it. I wonder if I'm having some type of conflict with apps. Does anyone using it have any other backup apps installed?
    I don't have any other backup apps installed.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID !!!!
    I have 3g and wifi so verizon sold me a stolen phone? lol whatever one day will work.
    but if i pay for the full version i am sure it will work. money makes everything works. ty for your help.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernandoborda View Post
    I have 3g and wifi so verizon sold me a stolen phone? lol whatever one day will work.
    but if i pay for the full version i am sure it will work. money makes everything works. ty for your help.
    Sorry. I wish I knew what more to suggest to help you get it working.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzgalaxy View Post
    Longtime troll, first time caller.

Anyone having issues with this one? It keeps telling me "Unable to connect to the server! This phone may be lost or stolen. Please connect to the internet and relaunch WaveSecure Beta to verify!"

Any ideas?

Thx!

It would be pretty funny if it said "Unable to connect to the server! This phone may be lost or stolen. Please connect to the internet and relaunch WaveSecure Beta to verify! You have ten seconds to connect to server, before this device is completely wiped clean... nine, eight, seven, six, five...."
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Aye, I've had no problems with the app yet. It's actually pretty neat to note that the commands for the app are received via SMS, so you can see a bit of the app's internal workings for a split second before they're deleted by the app (that is, in the notifications window when the SMS first arrives).

But good point on the SIM bit. I completely spaced on the fact that it's a SIM-based theft notification to your friends.

Curse you, Verizon, for having a CDMA network!

Still a fun li'l app regardless, though.

Until they start charging, which I'm sure they will, as the settings link on the site displays "subscription type" and "subscription expiry".
    "The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and voracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
  8. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    Until they start charging, which I'm sure they will, as the settings link on the site displays "subscription type" and "subscription expiry".
    There's a note in the app "Help" section, towards the bottom:

"NOTE: We may charge for WaveSecure in teh future but if you have downloaded WaveSecure before we start charging, WaveSecure will remain free forever for you."
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Just installed on my Droid, so far it works great, nailed my exact location..COOL!!!

Thanks to the OP for the tip!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    There's a note in the app "Help" section, towards the bottom:

"NOTE: We may charge for WaveSecure in teh future but if you have downloaded WaveSecure before we start charging, WaveSecure will remain free forever for you."
    Just noticed this as well. Great call, thanks for the heads up!
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links