DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help: app for tasks, memos, calendar, contacts that doesn't sync using "the cloud"?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Question Help: app for tasks, memos, calendar, contacts that doesn't sync using "the cloud"?

Have spent most of the day trying to find an app or apps to let me sync my old palm memos, to do lists, calendar and contacts between the Incredible and my laptop WITHOUT requiring me to have them stored online at Google or elsewhere. Discovered that HTC Sync can sync Outlook calendar and contacts to the Incredible using a USB connection. So if I convert my Palm calendar and contacts to Outlook, I can use HTC Sync for calendar and contacts only. But that doesn't solve the problem for memos and to do lists. Another thread on this site had some good ideas for how to sync those 2 using various cloud applications, but I really want to find something that doesn't require me to store that stuff online. Of course, the best solution would be one app that would sync all 4 items using a USB cable or some other hard-wired connection. But if I have to use a couple different apps, well, beggars can't be choosers, right? Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Google/Search Outlook sync. It has been discussed quite a bit in many threads. CompanionLink (one of the solutions) is even a forum sponsor, IIRC.
  3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    There are a couple good applications out there that can help you with this! It is a leap of faith for some people to trust online backup, but it is worth it because of the cool features and ease of transfer...

Have you looked into the Free MIQ application? This will backup your old phone's contacts, texts, calender, photos, videos ect. to a PRIVATE online account. (protected by username and password) If you are switching phones all you do is download the app on your new phone and log in, then you will get all your data automatically loaded onto the new phone... Pretty cool to never have to plug in your phone, and you can edit it from your computer, even send texts from the web. This would be a good app for you to look into!

Hope that proves to be a good solution! Good luck!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Smile CompanionLink can sync Palm Desktop to Android

Quote Originally Posted by runbikeswimfly View Post
    Have spent most of the day trying to find an app or apps to let me sync my old palm memos, to do lists, calendar and contacts between the Incredible and my laptop WITHOUT requiring me to have them stored online at Google or elsewhere. Discovered that HTC Sync can sync Outlook calendar and contacts to the Incredible using a USB connection. So if I convert my Palm calendar and contacts to Outlook, I can use HTC Sync for calendar and contacts only. But that doesn't solve the problem for memos and to do lists. Another thread on this site had some good ideas for how to sync those 2 using various cloud applications, but I really want to find something that doesn't require me to store that stuff online. Of course, the best solution would be one app that would sync all 4 items using a USB cable or some other hard-wired connection. But if I have to use a couple different apps, well, beggars can't be choosers, right? Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hi runbikeswimfly, I'm surprised you haven't stumbled across CompanionLink - it's exactly what you're looking for.

First off, CompanionLink can sync from either Outlook or Palm Desktop. That's right - you don't have to give up Palm Desktop! CompanionLink syncs contacts, calendar, tasks and memos directly between Android and Palm Desktop over a USB cable (you can use Outlook if you want, both are fully supported).

Since Android lacks native tasks/to-dos and notes/memos apps, and most Palm users find the contacts and calendar lack essential business functionality, CompanionLink has built its own suite of contacts, calendar, tasks and notes apps for Android called DejaOffice. DejaOffice was built with old Palm die-hards in mind with features like color-coded categories, private (password protected) records, and advanced search and sort options.

CompanionLink USB runs $39.95, with a 14-day free trial available at www.companionlink.com/android.

DejaOffice is available free on the Android Market, with more info over at www.dejaoffice.com.

I hope this helps you out, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Links