DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any good streaming media apps? Every one I've downloaded sucks

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Any good streaming media apps? Every one I've downloaded sucks

If "surfthechannel" can stream thousands of shows why is it the commercial products like tv.com on the droid has a pathetic line up of "clips" and a few full length shows that seemingly require wifi? WTF?

I do miss my Windows phone with it's ability to run flash and also run Sling client...
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Pandora, Slacker, last.fm ect all work fantastic!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Legalgear View Post
    If "surfthechannel" can stream thousands of shows why is it the commercial products like tv.com on the droid has a pathetic line up of "clips" and a few full length shows that seemingly require wifi? WTF?

I do miss my Windows phone with it's ability to run flash and also run Sling client...
    I'm on the same boat with you. I have emailed Slingmedia and I do not think they will support Android yet....

I am just waiting for the flash on Droid so that I can just go to sling.com and watch it from there....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I agree, the Orb apps I have tried stunk and there doesn't seem to be a better alternative. I use Simplify Media on my iPod and it works great for audio, I e-mailed them, but it doesnt look like they plan on coming over to Android. I cant wait till flash is supported at least.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by coondogg97 View Post
    I agree, the Orb apps I have tried stunk and there doesn't seem to be a better alternative. I use Simplify Media on my iPod and it works great for audio, I e-mailed them, but it doesnt look like they plan on coming over to Android. I cant wait till flash is supported at least.
    You can access Orb from the phones browser. You just need the nswplayer installed and set up as your default media player.

Set Orb on your PC to stream in 3gp format .sdp and set the same settings on the phones browser.

You then will have access to live streaming TV and recorded TV if your PC is equipped with a capture card. I was also able to access my documents pics and audio files.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    i installed nswplayer and made it default, however the camera video player continues to attempt to load the orb stream. any ideas?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Pandora is all you need !
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Tech3963
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Are there any that you can add your own urls to? One that will play .wax (Windows Media Audio Redirector) files? I have a particular online radio station stream that I want to listen to, and that is the file type they stream with.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brucin View Post
    You can access Orb from the phones browser. You just need the nswplayer installed and set up as your default media player.

Set Orb on your PC to stream in 3gp format .sdp and set the same settings on the phones browser.

You then will have access to live streaming TV and recorded TV if your PC is equipped with a capture card. I was also able to access my documents pics and audio files.
    Brucin - Thanks for the tips, I did that and although it worked, it was still a process getting to the directory to view the video. I am running a movie server at home and in order to connect to the server through Orb is a pain. But I am happy to see it does work!

For the others who are suggesting Pandora, it is a great app but does nothing to help stream your media remotely.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by brucin View Post

Brucin - Thanks for the tips, I did that and although it worked, it was still a process getting to the directory to view the video. I am running a movie server at home and in order to connect to the server through Orb is a pain. But I am happy to see it does work!

For the others who are suggesting Pandora, it is a great app but does nothing to help stream your media remotely.
    You're very welcome. Sorry it doesn't work well with your setup. I don't use a movie server just my PC.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links