DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: car remote

  1. Junior Droid
    thesweetstevie's Avatar
    Member #
    3198
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    chula vista california
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #1

    car remote

    i heard there is a droid app that allows you to lock and unlock your car remotely. is this true? i have searched the market and cannot find anything.

    thank you

    thesweetstevie
  2. Droid Ninja
    JCo352's Avatar
    Member #
    36721
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,830
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    #2
    Not that I'm aware of.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  3. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,224
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #3
    I want!! ..
  4. Junior Droid
    eanelson's Avatar
    Member #
    18951
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thesweetstevie View Post
    i heard there is a droid app that allows you to lock and unlock your car remotely. is this true? i have searched the market and cannot find anything.

    thank you

    thesweetstevie
    I know this exists for the iPhone (you can lock, unlock, remote start, etc.) but I don't think Droid has it.

    Edit: Looks like it is on the Blackberry as well. http://www.viper.com/
  5. panthers89fan90's Avatar
    Member #
    47896
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    79
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    There are a couple of things I would question here.

    1) You have to pay $30 a year every year you are using their "smart start" service.
    2) This system will cost you about $400 plus installation. Not really worth it IMO.
    3) This company seems to be spreading this service in more and more countries, but it does not look like they are spreading this service to different phones.
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,224
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by panthers89fan90 View Post
    There are a couple of things I would question here.

    1) You have to pay $30 a year every year you are using their "smart start" service.
    2) This system will cost you about $400 plus installation. Not really worth it IMO.
    3) This company seems to be spreading this service in more and more countries, but it does not look like they are spreading this service to different phones.
    I didnt know all that. You can buy one that installs in your car with a remote for like $50..
  7. panthers89fan90's Avatar
    Member #
    47896
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    79
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by panthers89fan90 View Post
    There are a couple of things I would question here.

    1) You have to pay $30 a year every year you are using their "smart start" service.
    2) This system will cost you about $400 plus installation. Not really worth it IMO.
    3) This company seems to be spreading this service in more and more countries, but it does not look like they are spreading this service to different phones.
    I didnt know all that. You can buy one that installs in your car with a remote for like $50..
    That is exactly where they get you. The lower end systems are not compatible with the smartstart module. In order to use this technology, the smartstart module must be installed. So you either have to buy a high end unit that is compatible or buy the smartstart module(which is about 1/4 to 1/2 the price of a car security system).
  8. Senior Droid
    VitsDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    3638
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in my head
    Posts
    180
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    xhaxol
    Phone
    G Nexus
    #8
    there is an app for a chevy volt that will start the chevy volt, open it, lock and so forth. It was demoed by cnet on a Droid a few months back.
    joined AA (android anonymous). Turns out the program feeds my addiction rather than squelch it. I dont mind though
    OG Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, and Now The Android Phone, The Galaxy Nexus
  9. Master Droid
    dragonfly1113's Avatar
    Member #
    37019
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Morris County Northern NJ
    Posts
    613
    Twitter
    twitter.com/dragonfly1113
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by VitsDroid View Post
    there is an app for a chevy volt that will start the chevy volt, open it, lock and so forth. It was demoed by cnet on a Droid a few months back.
    There is that app for the volt coming out however it wont be until next year i believe. but that app looks amazing.
  10. Droid Sensei
    takeshi's Avatar
    Member #
    10236
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,600
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by thesweetstevie View Post
    i heard there is a droid app that allows you to lock and unlock your car remotely. is this true? i have searched the market and cannot find anything.
    You can do quite a bit with apps but in this case an app by itself isn't going to be sufficient. The app needs some method of communicating with your car, for one. That's why Viper's Smartsart requires installation and service.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need an IR remote app
    By jphudy in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 02:00 PM
  2. PS3 Remote
    By kpiskin in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 12:38 PM
  3. VLC Remote
    By eNonsense in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 07:23 AM
  4. IR remote...would this be possible?
    By mitchb2 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
  5. TV Remote App?
    By Kdubbjr in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Search tags for this page

android app car remote
,
android app for car remote
,

android app to unlock car

,

android car remote

,
android car remote app
,

car remote app android

,

car remote app for android

,
car remote apps for android
,
car remote lock android
,

python remote start android app

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+