DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: who uses task killers?

  1. Droid
    quest7's Avatar
    Member #
    79047
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    oklahoma city, okla
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    HTC INCREDIBLE
    #1

    who uses task killers?

    And what are you beliefs and results? I'm still undecided.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    baniels's Avatar
    Member #
    17067
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    52556
    Posts
    577
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    This topic has been discussed at length several times. I recommend doing a search to read the discussions that have already taken place.
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post
    This topic has been discussed at length several times. I recommend doing a search to read the discussions that have already taken place.
    Several times? More like every other day.

    If were going to discuss it again please post in the proper area. Task killers are apps.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. KSR
    KSR is offline
    Senior Droid
    KSR's Avatar
    Member #
    78000
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #4
    Well I am still new with my Droid but the task killer I'm currently running is working wonders for me.
    I currently have "Advanced Task Killer Free" installed and I have it's widget on one of my home screens so I can click it easily and "kill" all the running apps. It has helped my battery life since I've downloaded it and it was, of course, free. =P
    I call the widget by the name of "Kill Droid". xD
  6. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #5
    Just make sure to set appropriate ignores on apps that really are needed to run from time to time, like gmail, etc... personally I do not use task killers because I end up micromanaging the program and ends up in battery loss, but use it wisely.
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  7. MotorolaDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    29892
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Phone
    Incredible
    #6
    oh man here we go again.

    *MotorolaDroid hands quest7 a flame suit
  8. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #7
    yea................. i must like typing lol
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  9. Droid Ninja
    Darkseider's Avatar
    Member #
    46256
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    The uninformed. Do a forum search.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

    LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

    It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KSR View Post
    Well I am still new with my Droid but the task killer I'm currently running is working wonders for me.
    I currently have "Advanced Task Killer Free" installed and I have it's widget on one of my home screens so I can click it easily and "kill" all the running apps. It has helped my battery life since I've downloaded it and it was, of course, free. =P
    I call the widget by the name of "Kill Droid". xD
    Sorry. You're simply wrong. Try the following experiment. For a full week continue to do what you're doing. Once a day power cycle your phone. And run your phone until it's below 5% remaining power before recharging.

    Then remove the task killer and run for another seven days. Power cycle once a day and recharge when you are at 5% or less for power.

    Record the results of your experiment. You'll find either no significant difference or that running without a task killer results in longer battery life.

    Try it.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  11. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Sorry. You're simply wrong. Try the following experiment. For a full week continue to do what you're doing. Once a day power cycle your phone. And run your phone until it's below 5% remaining power before recharging.

    Then remove the task killer and run for another seven days. Power cycle once a day and recharge when you are at 5% or less for power.

    Record the results of your experiment. You'll find either no significant difference or that running without a task killer results in longer battery life.

    Try it.
    @OP: Or you can just trust my word that task killers will hog more battery than their worth.
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SystemPanel: a task killer for people who hate task killers.
    By tliebeck in forum App Announcements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
  2. Task Killers?
    By Coots in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
  3. Task Killers 101?
    By Sal in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
  4. Task Killers
    By adrynalyne in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 05:54 PM
  5. Task Killers
    By mystik1 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 08:46 AM

Search tags for this page

no utilices task-killers

,

who uses task killers

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+