DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can you delete ??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Can you delete ??

I'm wondering if I can delete some apps that came preinstalled on my Droid without basically effing it up? I want to get rid of visual voicemail (don't use it, never will and not paying for another stupid service :P) and slacker radio (meh hate it and don't use it).

?

Thanks

-Sarah

3. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Hi lol, Im pretty sure you have to be rooted to so, I may be wrong, but I also heard you might be able to with the froyo update. If Im wrong someone will point it out
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    VZW S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firetresses View Post
    I'm wondering if I can delete some apps that came preinstalled on my Droid without basically effing it up? I want to get rid of visual voicemail (don't use it, never will and not paying for another stupid service :P) and slacker radio (meh hate it and don't use it).

?

Thanks

-Sarah
    delete slacker, i dont even think mine came with it, as for VSM if you go through settings like you will delete it, you cant so...
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by circsmonky View Post

?

Thanks

-Sarah
    delete slacker, i dont even think mine came with it, as for VSM if you go through settings like you will delete it, you cant so...
    thanks, i deleted slacker. i honestly don't know how it got on my phone. when i take out the SD card and plug it into my mini reader it always comes up with a slacker icon by the name of the SD card... and before the Droid i had a Storm2 that i tried out, but i didn't like it. it had Slacker on there... and i'm wondering if the Verizon agent put my old SD card from my Storm2 into my Droid maybe? not the same system, but NO idea how the hell it got on there.

hmm yeah I don't think i'm going to root my phone any time soon. So i guess I get to deal with Visual Voicemail staying lol. Thanks guys
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Hi lol, Im pretty sure you have to be rooted to so, I may be wrong, but I also heard you might be able to with the froyo update. If Im wrong someone will point it out

ok what's froyo? i keep seeing it everywhere... i googled it and it said it's the next android OS... but is it out already? or when is it supposed to come out?
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    VZW S3
    Premium Member

ok what's froyo? i keep seeing it everywhere... i googled it and it said it's the next android OS... but is it out already? or when is it supposed to come out?
    its out for the Nexus One, no release date for droid yet.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Yep it's the latest Android type since the previous one was Eclair and the one before that was Donut. There isn't a set date on when it will be out officially for the Droid but knowing Verizon, hopefully before 2012. There are many roms on this forum that run froyo because there have been leaks and they are all very responsive and inm my opinion, better than 2.1 roms because of the addition of flash.

As far as deleting visual voicemail (that app was useless for me too along with the amazon mp3), if you are rooted than the easiest way to do that would be to either download a rom that dpesnt include it or to get the app RootExplorer and manually delete the app yourself. I did it the latter way and it only took me about 2 minutes (and that includes the reboot of my phone after deletion).

Links