DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use "My Coupons"?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Does anyone use "My Coupons"?

First off, I don't just coupons. I'm one of those stupid lazy men who pay full price for everything and run in a store, grab what I need, and run out.

But.. after hearing about "My Coupons" I think I can actually maybe save myself a few bucks.. well, at least, in the self-checkout.

Problem is.. does this App actually work? I just scanned a BUNCH of things around my office (yes, I'm working on thanksgiving) and not one thing returned a coupon. I was even grabbing boxes of Kleenex, no dice.

Anyone else have some success?

-Wil

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    personally? no.

but, a couple of my friends have it on their iPhone. they've used it at Quiznos. we were there and they wondered if their were any. they searched for them while in line, and Bam - discount. i'm not a coupon guy either, but i thought that was pretty neat.
    Alltel refugee
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yeah thats what I'm picturing, but with some other items. Maybe electronics or whatever at best buy.

-Wil
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i've heard about problems with the scanning coupon apps so i've been using one scanner app and the "Droid Coupons" app.

The Droid Coupons app is outstanding, in just a few weeks it's literally paid off the phone in coupons.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    i've heard about problems with the scanning coupon apps so i've been using one scanner app and the "Droid Coupons" app.

The Droid Coupons app is outstanding, in just a few weeks it's literally paid off the phone in coupons.
    What do you mean, specifically? Are you using the combination of 2 apps? one to scan, one to look up the coupon? Or am I missing something?

Also, another question.. what if you have, say, 30 items that have coupons. How do you manage all of this at the checkout line?

-Wil
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Phone
    Nexus Prime
    I'd also be interested in hearing about that Naruto.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    The Droid versions looks exactly the same as the regular app My Coupons to me, same pages etc, just different name.

Havent seen a whole lot I would use on it and not sure what the point is of having it open up a page for printing???? Defeats the purpose doesnt it?

One other thing I would point out to the dev of this, if possible, have it use the GPS to narrow down coupons, I find myself paging through tons of coupons for places I have never heard of and arent even in my state, let alone area.

There was one I heard of for Iphone ( had really weird name ) that would bring a screen size coupon and barcode for the restaurant to scan, anyone know what that was?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    The coupon app is cool to have, which you can scan your coupons ahead of time and send it to your email for printing, or to share with your friends on Facebook. It is best to print out the coupon/s instead of using it on the screen of the phone, it is a hastle if using more than one coupon at the same store.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bankruptcy Preventer
    I'm surprised any places accept their coupons from a screen.

I've installed and uninstalled Droid Coupons (formerly My Coupons) a few times, basically a bit tweaked about the $12/year PayPal donation spam from a community supported service. I'd be more likely to pay a flat donation up front.

Even without donating, the app has a lot of function and value. I haven't tried using any on-screen coupons yet, so I'm still wondering how well they are accepted.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It is very handy, I just figured out however to tap the menu button to do a search among other things, such as the barcode function. I did use this app at Express for some holiday shopping and I was suprised when they accepted the coupon. I think this app is great. Still Debating if I should purchase the subscription for.99/mo for additional features.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links