DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora or Slacker?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Pandora or Slacker?

Which one does everyone prefer and why?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr v3c
    I'll keep an eye out here - I'm intersted too - I've only tried Pandora but only for maybe 30 mins - set to High quality - seems ok, but I think I've read a thread elsewhere of someone with audiophile tendencies claiming Slacker was higher quality.
    Canon 5D II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000, BST Wheels, Brembo 19RCS. Motorola Razr V3c.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I've been playing with both and I like the Slacker interface better, but it doesn't seem to sync my Favorite stations and Custom stations between the web app and the Slacker app on the phone, while Pandora does this easily.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i was told that slacker was better but i have never tried pandora i do know my best friend can only skip the track 3 times a day or somethin like that on Slacker but he has B B storm 1.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    I dunno I'm really torn from choosing Last.Fm, Pandora, and Slacker. Here what I use for what:

Last.Fm- I use when I want to listen to my Korean and Japanese Music since slacker and pandora don't seem to do this well.

Pandora- I use if I feel like listening to songs that have similiar feeling/sound to it. It's nice if you prefer listening to a particular type of sound while working or something.

Slacker- I use to listen to "Today's Hits" to find out what everyone else thinks is "good" music/popular music. Basically mainstream stuff.

I couldn't decide so I ended up just leaving them all and using which ever one fits the mood lol. I'm curious to read about what everyone else thinks though.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I concur that Pandora and Slacker both are really bad to listen to via the Droid. I had them both on my Blackberry Storm, and both sounded 100% better on the BB. On my Blackberry, the sound quality of Slacker was better, plus had the ability to cache stations, so if you were driving and out of range, or in an airplane, you could listen to the cached music. So far Slacker on the Android does not have the ability to cache, however rumor has it that it is coming soon.

I also read today that iheartradio is coming out on Tuesday next week, so we will see.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Slacker is the better app!!! I've tried both.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    the problem with pandora is, it plays the same songs over and over, no lie in 1 hr period, i can hear the same song, 2-3 times. I dont have that big of a problem with Slacker.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonnoid View Post
    the problem with pandora is, it plays the same songs over and over, no lie in 1 hr period, i can hear the same song, 2-3 times. I dont have that big of a problem with Slacker.
    That usually happens because you thumbs downed too many times, and didn't give pandora any thumbs up to work with... so you limited the pool of songs severely and pandora doesn't have much of a choice lol.
  10. rlb
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    I've been using Pandora (w/ audio stream set to high quality) and the sound is great! I wouldn't say I'm a complete audiophile but I have an ear for good sound. My only complaint is that you cannot edit station details through the Pandora app, you need to log onto the pandora site to do that. However, Pandora has the site filtered so if you go there on your droid it wont let you do anything other than download the droid app.

As for song skipping, you can skip up to 6 songs per hour on each station. If you invest enough time and build decent stations, you can just switch stations when you hit the 6 song limit.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links