I just got the new swype from beta and it's giving me problems... their forum straight up sucks, so I thought I bring it up here...
I'm on BB v0.2 right now, and I'm getting this error upon starting it (I actually got it once, after that, it wouldn't let me swype, just type normal)
the error I got was '
Code:Swype is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality
their FAQ has this recommendation for it
well that didn't fix it...hese errors are often shown when the Swype installer is terminated prematurely by the Android OS system activity manager as it tries to reclaim resources. Regardless of the cause, these steps should resolve the issue:
- Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device - detailed directions here
- Reboot your device
- Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
- Download the SwypeInstaller
- Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
(If you are not familiar with the task-manager, you can skip, but you may see the error again)
- Install and run the SwypeInstaller
can anyone help? i'm addicited to swype. it's a hassle typing without it now! seriously!!! lol