DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App that Saves/Hides Text messages

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

App that Saves/Hides Text messages

Hi all,

Is there any app out there that will save/lock/hide text messages from a specific number?

I really want to pull a Tiger Woods and hide my text messages (hahaha - kidding)

But if anyone knows of an app that can take the texts from a specific number and hide them, etc that would be very helpful

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I use Super Private Conversation, it's free and works pretty good for this. It also has call blocking.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid
    I just put my girlfriend in check and tell her if I wanted her to know what's on my phone SMS, I'd read them to her....

if you don't trust me.... leave.... simple as that. I have promised you I won't cheat, and you snooping says you think I'm lieing to you... and I'm not a liar.

Apps like these and nanny apps for parent/kids scream major issues of trust, etc.

"why do I have to teach my kid responsible phone use when I can just set a V-chip for them to try and outsmart. Why do I have to enforce a "don't call this person" rule when I can just block it and pretend they won't just call it from another phone"

why work on the trust issues when it's easier to ignore them by blocking what they can see just in case they see it.
    Last edited by mcatdtDroid; 06-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by mcatdtDroid View Post
    I just put my girlfriend in check and tell her if I wanted her to know what's on my phone SMS, I'd read them to her....

if you don't trust me.... leave.... simple as that. I have promised you I won't cheat, and you snooping says you think I'm lieing to you... and I'm not a liar.

Apps like these and nanny apps for parent/kids scream major issues of trust, etc.

"why do I have to teach my kid responsible phone use when I can just set a V-chip for them to try and outsmart. Why do I have to enforce a "don't call this person" rule when I can just block it and pretend they won't just call it from another phone"

why work on the trust issues when it's easier to ignore them by blocking what they can see just in case they see it.
    haha, I agree,

But I was more or less wanting to know because whenever I go on dates with girls they ALWAYS go through my phone because they love it, haha. I'm single - so I don't have to worry - I just don't want some people seeing texts/pics from texts, hahaha
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by allprochris View Post
    I use Super Private Conversation, it's free and works pretty good for this. It also has call blocking.
    This is perfect, my friend. thanks much.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by fant0m_Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcatdtDroid View Post

haha, I agree,

But I was more or less wanting to know because whenever I go on dates with girls they ALWAYS go through my phone because they love it, haha. I'm single - so I don't have to worry - I just don't want some people seeing texts/pics from texts, hahaha
    ok, touche' I actually have a password protection on my pics for that same reason. I have quite a few risque pics from any number of girls I may be talking to at any one point.... (always have a "plan B" in the wings, so if "plan A" falls through, I don't spend tomorrow night alone lol)

I actually just had one girl end things because she saw I texted a girl she hated.... fine. I didn't realize they even knew each other but glad I found out about it now, as opposed to 6 months from now.... and I'm still texting the second girl lol.
    Iunderstand the issue of not trying to scare off girls on date 1, but they are going to have to learn real quick, snooping gets you to the curb real quick. People say that's why I'm not (still) married, my hard-headedness and refusing to give on issues like this... I say, it's not a marriage (or relationship) worth being in if you snoop or worry about getting snooped on
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    haha! nice! Yeah, I'm right there with ya, bud! Do you use photosafe?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    use the APP PROTECTOR or "Protector" in the market. Allows you to password protect particular apps in your phone. Messaging, gmail, gtalk, and gallery are all locked on mine, personally.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    use the APP PROTECTOR or "Protector" in the market. Allows you to password protect particular apps in your phone. Messaging, gmail, gtalk, and gallery are all locked on mine, personally.
    Nice, thanks much - that will come in use for photo gallerys, etc.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

http://secondphoneapps.com/

Second Phone Apps
    All the text messages from a specified person goes to a disguised (or even invisible) "application" which is also password protected and doesnt show up on your phone bill.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links