is pleased to offer an update to our Beta for Android!
I just got this email from swype. apparently it IS still beta for android!
First, we would like to extend our thanks for taking part in the Swype Beta. Your participation has helped us improve Swype and we hope you’ll continue to provide us with your insights and feedback.
Second, we are happy to announce that we've updated our beta software with several bug fixes and features. As such we’d like to invite you to download a new installer and put a new version of Swype on your handset to take advantage of the many improvements. The current version expires in the next couple days, so please do download the new version!
Sign-up for the Beta Program - Swype | Text Input for Screens
Users who aren’t in the beta program yet won’t be able to install Swype Beta as you have to download an installer, log-in then download swpye itself.
Once you’ve installed the beta, enjoy it! Please report any issues you encounter on our forums. So we can troubleshoot more effectively, when reporting issues please include as much of the following information as possible:
Android OS (or ROM) version
What behavior did you expect to see?
What behavior did you actually see?
Did you uninstall Swype and the SwypeInstaller first?
Is the device rooted?
You are also welcome to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with additional feedback or questions. We are happy to get emails and will answer questions as soon as we can, but please remember to also check our forums for answers!
Thanks again for your help and support,
-The Swype Team
--Changes in this version of Swype--
- Added better context sensitivity for the “magic button” (go/search/enter/smiley)
- Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
- Added the Italian language dictionary
- Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
- Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
- Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
- Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
- Fixed licensing issue causing “Limited Functionality” errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
- Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an “Incorrect ID” error when installing Swype
- Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
- Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
- Many other minor bug fixes!