DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Windows media player for droid

  1. Master Droid
    yiannis's Avatar
    Member #
    7662
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #1

    Windows media player for droid

    I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

    Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

    E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

    Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

    I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

    Thanks
    Last edited by yiannis; 11-24-2009 at 10:30 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Daytona's Avatar
    Member #
    2548
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    DROID + iphone 3GS
    #2
    this is a bit weird in my opinion...last thing i would ever want is anything made by microsoft on my phone. but i can understand your needs for other stations - i would just never ever install anything by MS.
  4. Master Droid
    yiannis's Avatar
    Member #
    7662
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
    this is a bit weird in my opinion...last thing i would ever want is anything made by microsoft on my phone. but i can understand your needs for other stations - i would just never ever install anything by MS.
    I understand why a programmer would feel that way. But since that's what all my radio stations use...
  5. Droid Newbie
    bitlock76's Avatar
    Member #
    19111
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannis View Post
    I understand why a programmer would feel that way. But since that's what all my radio stations use...
    I know this is old, but my response may help others with the same concern. If you look at the bottom of the homepage of the station you noted (E-Radio Greece), you'll find links for mpeg streams as well as windows media streams.
    Last edited by bitlock76; 01-01-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: misquoted
  6. Droid Newbie
    Hypnotist's Avatar
    Member #
    23050
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.
  7. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.
    I'm pretty sure MediaMonkey can do that. I used it to sync my Droid with my PC. I didn't sync playlists, but am 99% sure that it can do that also.
  8. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannis View Post
    I bought the Droid for three major reasons, the fast network and browser, the free gps and the ability to stream live music to my car's aux port as I drive.

    Streaming live music for the radio stations I use requires windows media player. No other application will play these radio stations. You can check yourselves at

    E-Radio Greece - The Hellenic Radio Portal | listen live all greek radios online, greek music, greek laiko, news, live sports on Athens, Thessaloniki Stations and Internet Radios

    Pandora, A Radio, Slacker are all useless for this.

    I am wondering if anyone knows whether WMP for droid will be developed as part of the current Droid or the Mozilla for Droid browser.

    Thanks
    DroidLive lite or full version allow the import of streaming playlists or urls. If you can get the url, you can add it into DroidLive and then you'd be set.

    EDIT: I've used DroidLive to add streams from some of my favorite out-of-town stations that aren't pre-listed in their directory.
    Last edited by mightybrick; 01-03-2010 at 09:10 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    droid d'oh's Avatar
    Member #
    12962
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    hahahahahaha, k-lite anyone?

  10. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.
    You should be able to use any software you want to create a playlist on your pc, and then drag-and-drop the playlist onto your sd card and load it up that way, as long as the playlist uses relative file paths.
  11. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    I got my Motorola Droid a couple of days ago. I have a huge mp3 collection and like to manage them and my playlists on my laptop (currently using WMP). Is there a PC-side software that will allow importing playlists and songs directly to the Droid? Trying to create playists on the phone is a pain and slow.
    Take a look at "Double Twist." I had a similar issue with a mix of mp3's, WMP, and AAC formatted music. Double Twist took in the 2200 songs without a hiccup and allow me to connect the Droid as a device similar to the iTunes look and feel. Just select songs for a particular playlist and move the playlist to the Droid. Works like a charm.

    Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Windows 7 and Motorola Media Link?
    By Droidlicous in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. Windows Media Library - No Album Art
    By Vancelot in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
  3. Media player very sluggish...
    By akj27 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Search tags for this page

droid media player
,

droid windows media player

,
droid x windows media player
,
play windows movie on droid
,
window media player
,
windows media player droid
,

windows media player for droid

,
windows media player for droid razr m
,
wmv player for droid
,
www.windows media plaier
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+