DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a list of "bad" apps somewhere?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I got Advanced Task Killer. Has a blue icon. Blue gear surrounding a blue Droid phone. I think it was a buck in the market. Try it, and see if it helps. You have 24 hours to "return" it for a full refund if it doesn't help you out, but it helped my phone tremendously.

I was experiencing short lived battery life and app hangs before I switched over, and haven't had a problem since. You can even load it as a widget to auto kill all apps.

Let us all know how it worked for you.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So, before I download it, does it identify any problematic apps?

My problems are severe. For example, i go to check voice mail, and the phone keypad won't take any input. Then the Verizon voice mail times out. I assume this doesn't happen on iPhone. And I don't like where this is going.

I embraced Android because I hate Apple and have never supported their practices, but now I feel like I have a lab toy that is totally unreliable and unpredictable.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    It won't find problem apps that are slowing down your phone. It will show you what apps are running, and how much system resources they are consuming.

Be sure to delete the Taskkiller app first.

Also, I noticed you were running animated themes. Those will kill your battery, plus bog down your phone. I'd delete any animated themes. Yeah, they look cool, but not if they are killing your phone.

Unrar is another one you shouldn't be using on your phone. Can pick up a nasty if you're unraring files on your droid, and it'll kill a phones memory.

Try that. After you delete everything and install the Advanced Task Manager, yank your batter ya do a hard reset. Once your phone boots back up, open Task Manager first and take note of what is shown under the apps tab and the total resources running.

Reload your remaining apps one by one, checking system resources at each load. When you find the one that completely screws your phones memory, that's your culprit.
    Last edited by tmaas77572; 06-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Helix Launcher bogged my phone down....try Pro Launcher...Hell, it looks rooted its so smooth.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by uscjoel View Post
    Helix Launcher bogged my phone down....try Pro Launcher...Hell, it looks rooted its so smooth.

I think Helix was the problem. I'm still following the other advice above, but Pro Launcher is lightning fast and nothing is lagging or sticking.

The biggest problem I've had is the Droid ignoring input. I've heard Droid owners on podcasts saying the same thing. So I'll keep using Pro Launcher and see how it goes.

Turning off the live wallpaper didn't do it. I ran all day yesterday with a static background and had all the same problems.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Chevy01's SS 5.4* blue theme.
    That guy has 55 apps and you think he has a ****load?? Oh man I'm glad I don't know how to link mine!

Wait I'll see if I can..

Ok no I"m on the same screen but with my apps, but don't know how to make it a link. Anyway it's 101 apps and I'm constantly downloading new ones and uninstalling old ones to try them out just for fun. I have quite afew old ones to uninstall though..

*edit*

oh god I jus resync'd with appsbrain cause I havnt done that in 13 days it said, and it changed. also i found the link:

http://www.appbrain.com/user/PetRiLJ...s-on-the-phone
    Last edited by PetRiLJoe; 06-08-2010 at 09:28 AM.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
    So if you're interested, ask me about my Dropbox referral link.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe View Post

Ok no I"m on the same screen but with my apps, but don't know how to make it a link.

Log into AppBrain.com, and over on the right you'll see radio buttons for Public and Private. Check Public, and just below that is "Copy and paste this link."

Come on...let's see it.
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchb2 View Post
    Wow, there are a ton of Task Manager apps in the marketplace.
    Any suggestions for the best one?

My Droid is seriously troubled. It's hanging constantly.
    taskmanager

or DL astro adn use their taskmanager.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe View Post
    oh god I jus resync'd with appsbrain cause I havnt done that in 13 days it said, and it changed. also i found the link:

PetRiLJoe's Apps on the phone

And your phone is running okay?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Update: My God, my phone is so fast and responsive with Helix gone. It's like a whole new phone. Windows fly open instantly, home screens slide from one to the other with no lag.

So far I haven't had any lack of response. I just got done putting all my Apps Organizer folders on the screen, and everything launches instantly.

Edit: The camera launches immediately. That has NEVER been the case, from day 1. Froyo is really gonna fly.
    Last edited by mitchb2; 06-08-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links