DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Multiple Home Apps

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Multiple Home Apps

I've been reading about the different home apps that are available and have experimented a little bit. Have been running helix 1 for a few weeks with no complaints. Have downloaded and installed LauncherPro, Tag, Zeam and Freedhome at various times but have been too lazy to really work with any of them to a great extent. And, I haven't had them all on my droid at the same time.

The issue of this thread is this - I think I notice helix lagging a bit when I have another home app on the droid but not in use (of course.) No widgets or even shortcuts on the other home app. It's a given that the stock app is on the droid, naturally. But I have no widgets on it either.

Anyone else noticing a lag when there are more than 1 non stock home apps? Or is it my imagination?

Using home switcher.
    Not rooted.

Any thoughts?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 3
    Ive got helix 1 and launcher pro installed.
    Sometimes I wonder as well
    As soon as Launcher Pro updates the tray I will be switching unless Helix finds an amazing way to get me back
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex LTE
    LauncherPro is by far the fastest and smoothest Launcher that I've tried. It's like baby Helix Launcher on a crazy sugar high. And the pinch gesture to zoom out to all the home screens is just nifty.

I've still got the stock home and Helix 1 installed, and LauncherPro is still crazy fast. Helix doesn't seem to have gotten any slower since LPro was installed either.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by dkshaer View Post
    I've been reading about the different home apps that are available and have experimented a little bit. Have been running helix 1 for a few weeks with no complaints. Have downloaded and installed LauncherPro, Tag, Zeam and Freedhome at various times but have been too lazy to really work with any of them to a great extent. And, I haven't had them all on my droid at the same time.

The issue of this thread is this - I think I notice helix lagging a bit when I have another home app on the droid but not in use (of course.) No widgets or even shortcuts on the other home app. It's a given that the stock app is on the droid, naturally. But I have no widgets on it either.

Anyone else noticing a lag when there are more than 1 non stock home apps? Or is it my imagination?

Using home switcher.
    Not rooted.

Any thoughts?
    First, it's probably your imagination. Subjective impressions of UI performance are frequently wrong as a result of some common features of the way the brain processes such information. (i.e. consistency is often mistaken for speed; initial evidence that an app is working is more important than how long it takes to complete an action.)

However, it appears that a launcher will remain active in memory after you switch to another app. If you're low on available memory, you may notice a lag in the launcher you're using simply because the other launcher is also active (but not being used.)
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    yeah..you have to make sure that the home app is not in use. kill it if you have to...
    i have 8 installed
    It dont slow it down unless its still active and if you have widgets that are active on the NON ACTIVE Home app.
    damn..i didnt see Josh's post.
    oops

Links