DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Stupid Question

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Stupid Question

I'm an old guy and therefore sometimes clueless when it comes to technology, so here's my dumb question of the day. I only recently discovered the website "androlib" (10 minutes ago) which looks like it could be useful. But how do you download the apps to your phone? I'm sure there's a "download" button somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. See, I told you it was a stupid question!

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    No stupid questions on this forum. I could be wrong but from what I know androlib is simply a way to browse the apps that are in the market. U find what u like and go to the market on your phone and download from there. Anyone else know more on it please chime in. Hope this helps.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    No stupid questions on this forum.
    What's a phone?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Just get the name of the app and search it in the market. Never is a question a stupid one. Hope it helps
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    There are a few sites that will 'send' the app to your phone for you (i.e. click install on your computer and the program will auto install on your computer).
    AppBrain is one I can't remember the other. Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.
    You first have to get the Barcode app for scanning. Then, like KZIWarrior said, just scan the QR code (the square 'bar-code') and when your Droid beeps, you press the left button. That will take you straight to the Market.

One problem with Androlib (and Androidzoom) is that if the app isn't available for your phone, it won't show up in the Market when you scan. One example was Bonsai Blast. It was there on the websites, but not in the Market. It must've been not approved for the Droid.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    There are a few sites that will 'send' the app to your phone for you (i.e. click install on your computer and the program will auto install on your computer).
    AppBrain is one I can't remember the other. Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.
    +1 on Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain. However, it does not "send" the app to your phone or "auto install" it. Rather, it allows you to search and select apps you would like to have on your phone. The list is saved in your appbrain account.

Then, from your phone (using the appbrain app you can get in the Market) you can access the list of apps you've saved on the web and download them to your phone.

The appbrain app on your phone also synchronizes with your list on the web, allowing you to keep track of apps you already have and (if necessary) download them again if you have to remove them from your phone for some reason.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad

Links