DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid All in One TV Remote

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    then please explain to me what the proximity sensor is then and how it works? I know it uses Infra red so do not tell me it works some other way, because I know it does not!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDADDICT View Post
    then please explain to me what the proximity sensor is then and how it works? I know it uses Infra red so do not tell me it works some other way, because I know it does not!
    Look Einstein, it senses the "shadow" for your face and turns the screen off.

No IR transmitter on the Droid.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It sure as hell is not going to work as a data transmitter. Maybe you should research how an infrared sensor works... Think light sensor on a street light.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brianr0131 View Post

Wow I didnt know it was a "Shadow Sensor" last I check it was an infra red sensor. But hey the world of physics is limit less. I know because that is what my degree is in. But I am pretty sure the droid has this proximity sensor built into it OSRAM Opto Semiconductors|index (click the top red link) if you notice closely it has an integrated emitter built on it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Too bad, I had Infrared port on my SCH I730 and loved using the remote control program, especially nice for changing tv's at restaurants to shows I wanted to watch. lol
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wow I didnt know it was a "Shadow Sensor" last I check it was an infra red sensor. But hey the world of physics is limit less. I know because that is what my degree is in. But I am pretty sure the droid has this proximity sensor built into it OSRAM Opto Semiconductors|index (click the top red link) if you notice closely it has an integrated emitter built on it.
    You're pretty sure? I love people who say "that is what my degree is in." This either proves you're a first year college student, that you are lying, or that you don't even know what to do with your "degree".

How would you know that is the prox sensor that is built in? Eh? Magic? based off mysterious invisible schematics not available to the public?

Gimme a break.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post

You're pretty sure? I love people who say "that is what my degree is in." This either proves you're a first year college student, that you are lying, or that you don't even know what to do with your "degree".

How would you know that is the prox sensor that is built in? Eh? Magic? based off mysterious invisible schematics not available to the public?

Gimme a break.
    I am not lying about my credentials, I do have a degree in physics, working on my phd now ( will let you know how that goes.) You are right though, I really do not know what to do with my degree, there are so many possibilities, but I do hope to teach some day. Right now I work in Engineering for the Railroad. But back to the Droid, I am 99.9% percent sure that is the proximity sensor being used in the Droid. The other reason I am not 100% sure is because plans change, and parts get sold out, even then I am sure they would find something comparable to stick in its place. I guess really only time will tell, and if there will ever be any use out of it or not.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dare

Gimme a break.
    I am not lying about my credentials, I do have a degree in physics, working on my phd now ( will let you know how that goes.) You are right though, I really do not know what to do with my degree, there are so many possibilities, but I do hope to teach some day. Right now I work in Engineering for the Railroad. But back to the Droid, I am 99.9% percent sure that is the proximity sensor being used in the Droid. The other reason I am not 100% sure is because plans change, and parts get sold out, even then I am sure they would find something comparable to stick in its place. I guess really only time will tell, and if there will ever be any use out of it or not.
    Uhm...not to rain on your parade or anything, but do you even know WHAT a proximity sensor is? It detects if something is in the proximity of it. Your face is in the proximity of it, it detects your face, and when it does that, it shuts the screen off. Herp derp.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post

Gimme a break.
    Uhm...not to rain on your parade or anything, but do you even know WHAT a proximity sensor is? It detects if something is in the proximity of it. Your face is in the proximity of it, it detects your face, and when it does that, it shuts the screen off. Herp derp.
    I see someone else should re read the conversation again as they are missing something. Yes I know proximity means "Close by" as in the dimensions of mm standards! It is what is integrated onto the sensor that interests me. Oh and by the way it does not detect your face, it is the refraction that it detects, this is why people are complaining that sometimes the screen does not light back up with they pull the phone away from your face. It could be something else setting of the sensor such as sunlight or another ir transmitter with the same Hertz output!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links