DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery app that does this?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2

battery app that does this?

1) is there a way to have the screen stay on while plugged in to the charger and time out when not plugged in (automatically of course)?

2) is there an app available that i can easily change the settings on my phone to bare minimum to preserve battery life when i'm away from any chargers for an extended period? like if there were 2 settings and i can toggle back and forth between them when i'm in the office and out on the road.

thanks in advance for any help! aloha.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    well, i can help you with the first one, if you go into the sounds and display, you can change the screen tmeout to never, also power manager is a very helpful customizeable app. that will probably suit your needs. hope i helped
  4. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    You can add the Power Widget, which gives you on/off controls for Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth right next to each other.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2
    Quote Originally Posted by dr01dm0dd3r View Post
    well, i can help you with the first one, if you go into the sounds and display, you can change the screen tmeout to never, also power manager is a very helpful customizeable app. that will probably suit your needs. hope i helped
    i don't have the option to "never" timeout, besides, wouldn't it stay that way even when i'm unplugged? and the power manager free version doesn't do anything (company phone and still within my 30 days so don't want to spend anything yet). i do appreciate the quick response and help. mahalo much!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    You can add the Power Widget, which gives you on/off controls for Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth right next to each other.
    sorry, should've specified "free" apps. still within my 30 days and not sure if this is a keeper yet. but could you tell me if this app could be preset to 2 different settings (groups) that i could toggle between instead of pressing each item individually? if so, it'll be worth it for me. appreciate the quick response and help. mahalo.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible!
    in settings, applications, development, check the "stay awake" box. This will set your phone to never sleep the screen when plugged in. As for your second one, you could probably find an app that could kind of do it, but the best way i know is to root, install an overclock kernel, install setcpu and change the profiles to your liking for power consumption.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2

that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    in settings, applications, development, check the "stay awake" box. This will set your phone to never sleep the screen when plugged in. As for your second one, you could probably find an app that could kind of do it, but the best way i know is to root, install an overclock kernel, install setcpu and change the profiles to your liking for power consumption.
    thanks a lot! that is exactly what i was looking for. just didn't look hard enough i guess. now as far as the root, o/clock, etc that's just waaay above my pay scale right now. this is a company phone so i'm guessing this is something i probably shouldn't do, right? thanks again for the help.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by dro-idiot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    thanks a lot! that is exactly what i was looking for. just didn't look hard enough i guess. now as far as the root, o/clock, etc that's just waaay above my pay scale right now. this is a company phone so i'm guessing this is something i probably shouldn't do, right? thanks again for the help.
    Yeah probably not on a company phone. yw though.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    An app called Toggle Settings let you make rules for auto setting adjustment so you can trigger settings when your battery reaches a certain threshold.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid Bionic
    App called Toggle Screen Timeout allows you to toggle between no screen timeout and the timeout period you normally use. I use 15 seconds with Screebl that disables the 15 seconds while the phone is held within given angles (i.e., in your hand as opposed to on the desk. Works well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links