DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: battery app that does this?

1. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dro-idiot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    You can add the Power Widget, which gives you on/off controls for Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth right next to each other.
    sorry, should've specified "free" apps. still within my 30 days and not sure if this is a keeper yet. but could you tell me if this app could be preset to 2 different settings (groups) that i could toggle between instead of pressing each item individually? if so, it'll be worth it for me. appreciate the quick response and help. mahalo.
    No, it can't. But it's pre-installed on your phone so it's a simple matter to have it and see what it does.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Prefer Setting Profiles over Toggle Settings. It will also solve your first question.

In regards to the second, while it won't downclock your processor or anything like that, you can set up a profile to turn off the radios, turn down the screen brightness and screen timeout, etc to save some battery life. You can also trigger it on a battery condition like battery less than 30%. Not as battery efficient as downclocking, but still some savings.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2
    Quote Originally Posted by pinesal View Post
    An app called Toggle Settings let you make rules for auto setting adjustment so you can trigger settings when your battery reaches a certain threshold.
    this looks pretty neat. will mess around with it to see how it works. thanks a lot!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2
    Quote Originally Posted by dro-idiot View Post
    You can add the Power Widget, which gives you on/off controls for Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth right next to each other.
    sorry, should've specified "free" apps. still within my 30 days and not sure if this is a keeper yet. but could you tell me if this app could be preset to 2 different settings (groups) that i could toggle between instead of pressing each item individually? if so, it'll be worth it for me. appreciate the quick response and help. mahalo.
    No, it can't. But it's pre-installed on your phone so it's a simple matter to have it and see what it does.
    guess i misunderstood the op. found the widget. guessing these are the items that eat the most power?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sort of. Juice Defender is probably also something you're looking for. It'll shut off your 3g radio, then turn it on for a minute every 5 or 15 minutes to get updates for things. When you turn your screen on to use the phone, it'll turn your radio back on. So other than having a small delay in getting notifications, you won't really notice it, but your radio will use a lot less of your battery.

However, the real battery hog is the screen itself. Especially if you're coming from a BB or a non-smart phone, the difference between a touchscreen and non-touchscreen in terms of battery use is -huge-. So other than just 'Use your phone less', the only advice that will really change things is keep the USB cable handy, and charge it whenever you have the chance, even if it's only for 10 minutes. Of course, ten minutes of USB trickle charge won't make that much of a difference, so. =/.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Did you ever read the note for Juice Defender? it says: Some features require Ultimate juice (not the part to worry about the next part is) - Might not work on CDMA phones (Droid, Droid incredible, etc...) with Android 2.1!!!!
    I know it says might but ive tried Juice Defender 8 times on different Roms and on stock 2.1 and every time i get worse battery life..
    Just my experience...
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s2
    thanks for all the tips. trying a bunch of different stuff now to see which is the easiest and best. i guess the best thing to do would be charge as often as possible (which i do), and get a spare battery! thanks for all the replies. aloha.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by necronomican View Post
    Did you ever read the note for Juice Defender?
    Just my experience...
    No, I haven't actually. Though in my defense, it's something I downloaded the day it came out, and that warning might not have been there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links