DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: business card app

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

business card app

Does anyone have any personal experience with any of the business card Apps? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Re: business card app

What are you needing to do? Google goggles works well to scan cards into contacts.

Mike

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I like the idea of turning them into contacts, but more than that, I want to be able to save them into different categories that i define. I'd also want to ensure that it saves all information on the card, not just name and phone number.

I've never used a business card scanner, or capture app, so i don't know what they can or can't do.

I just want it to be as easy to use as the old business card roledex that you would keep on your office desk.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by segen77 View Post
    I like the idea of turning them into contacts, but more than that, I want to be able to save them into different categories that i define. I'd also want to ensure that it saves all information on the card, not just name and phone number.

I've never used a business card scanner, or capture app, so i don't know what they can or can't do.

I just want it to be as easy to use as the old business card roledex that you would keep on your office desk.
    I like the idea, I don't think Goggles will do all that. It does scan all the contact info and sorts it into the proper fields to be saved as a contact. I think it is limited to Google contacts for categorizing.

Mike
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mstef66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by segen77 View Post

I like the idea, I don't think Goggles will do all that. It does scan all the contact info and sorts it into the proper fields to be saved as a contact. I think it is limited to Google contacts for categorizing.

Mike
    I haven't had much luck with Google Goggles. It works well enough to scan a name but I haven't found a way to get all the information on a business card (e.g. email address, organization name, etc) to be picked up. You can, of course, add some of the information manually on the phone and you can access your contacts on the gmail website and categorize the contact once it's saved.

Here's an alternative that's something of a PITA but it does work rather like an old-fashioned ROLODEX.

I use the "photonote" feature of NoteEverything(Pro) to take a photo of the business card. Then I title it appropriately and add any notes I wish to the file. I put the business cards in their own folder within NoteEverything and can find them when I need them.

Unfortunately, while I can send the notes via gmail or store them in, say, picasa (among other options), I cannot automatically scan the image and have the information placed intelligently into contacts.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    you could try camcard in the market, I'm using it and it works well (don't know about categorizing though). However, the phone needs to be perfectly steady and the camera perfectly centered over the card...probably would work perfectly if the phone was on some kind of stand
    Droid X SSX1.1 (me)
    Droid 1 SS5.4 1ghz lv Incinerated (son #1)
    Droid 1 SS5.4 1ghz lv (son #2)
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This won't import business cards with the camera, but if you're typing info from cards into your phone, it might be useful: Cards (-) PIM - Android app on AppBrain
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My boss use CardFila.com. He uses smart phone and laptop to capture up to 20 cards a minute. Capture a large number of business cards anywhere on the go! This app is so useful

Links