DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iheartradio issue

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

iheartradio issue

The iheartradio app works great for me on every station that I have tried except Rush Radio 99.5 WRNO, a New Orleans radio station. The station logo comes up, but it just says connecting... for an eternity. I tried uninstalling and installing iheart and that did not fix it.

How can I fix this?

Can someone else try that station and see if it works?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    It's just a random issue.

it happenes to me on numerous stations randomly. Clear channel is a bunch of dousches, so they never update or care about their app.

Sorry to say but you are kind of stuck.

Check out mymuze.fm You can add your own station, unfortunetaly it works like a website so you can't so anything else while listening. It used to be my only streaming option on my old blackberry.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Randomness is one thing. This station has never worked for me. Will anyone else try it?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I despise iheartradio. I tried it on my iTouch and then I installed it on my Droid. It never worked either time, it just said it was Buffering forever. Anyone know how to fix that problem?

EDIT:
    Well, surprising me I actually got one station to work. I figured it might be my choice of stations and went to check out some others. They got stuck on Buffering. So seemingly in my location I can only run one radio station. And then I went back to that one, it took awhile to start airing it and then Force Closed.

EDIT AGAIN:
    Well, that one station seems to be working perfectly. I feel almost bad for dissing the app until I realize this is the only station that works. Then again, it gave many different errors during the song, cutting off and skipping parts, then I had to actually go back to the station for some odd reason. I cant even listen to one song without this thing messing up once. I must ask, any other apps that can play local radio stations? Or do I have to sign up for Pandora and / or Slacker?
    Last edited by NVash; 05-02-2010 at 01:47 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Just downloaded iheartradio..the first time i tried it it locked my incredible and I had to pull the battery to reset.I rebooted and tried it again and it works perfect..so now i can listen to WMMS and get Rovers morning glory in the morning and catch Triv in the afternoon...I'm in cleveland.
    So far the droid incredible has been pretty slick.I do wish it had a better phone.It would be nice to set shortcut keys to favorite numbers and hide all the incoming ,outgoing and missed calls and just have the phone book on the screen..theres tooooo much scrolling going on.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well, at a friends request I hooked up Pandora. From there I hooked up Last.FM and I just switch between the three of them.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 (GPA 17)
    Forget IHeart and try A Online Radio. Much better...

And you can get stations from all over the world.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There an app for that?

Pandora and Last.FM irk my last nerve. If I chose a radio station with a certain artist its great that they add others similar to them but I may just want to hear that artist. There should be some option to cut the Similar To additions off. And whats worse, Pandora only lets you skip a certain amount of songs and Last.FM seems to have infinite skips but it doesnt matter cause you wont find the artist.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    NVash There is an application for that..you can sear it on the google...and if you want you can also check some radio music software online on My Radio World - Over 20,000 Online Radio Stations from Over 200 countries I just found that out also by searching the google..
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    RadioTime is worth the $3... I've never had luck with iHeartRadio, and RadioTime hasnt failed me yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links