DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for a nerd.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG enV

suggestions for a nerd.

Hey guys. I love to read and was considering a kindle or a nook. Is there a book reader in the market that is any good? I tried Aldiko and it was limited to old classics. I'm even willing to pay for the books if it has a large selection. Or would I be better off purchasing an ereader.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If you really want it just for reading... get a kindle 2... bigger screen, paper looks, 3g included etc.

If you want a wicked sweet device that does everything but make you coffee in the morning, get an Android device.

Or... get both Just my $0.02
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG enV
    I have the Droid Eris. That's why I was asking about the book app. Sorry about the confusion.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OGDroid -> Droid 3-> Bionic
    I have used ereader.com books and readers for several years and on different platforms - mainly Palm Pda's and have liked the book selection and readers. I was seriously considering getting a Nook before they were realeased, in part because they are connected with ereader.com. I was also wanting a Droid but couldn't justify both. Before the Nook became available, I got a notice from ereader.com that they were about to release an Android app. That was all I needed to get me off the fence. The next day I bought a Moto Droid! About a week later the reader app became availiable, got it and haven't looked back. I love both. I couldn't be happier with the Droid and the reader app works great. I no longer have to carry a camera, ipod, pda and phone. Have it all in my Droid!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG enV
    Where can one find this ereader app?
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNoob View Post
    Where can one find this ereader app?
    Strange that you choose 'AndroidNoob' as your name being that someday you might have a droid, and have hacked everyhting on it, and yet still be called a 'noob'

I say kindle2... You dont wanna read books on this phone, youll go blind.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG enV
    Trust me. I am a Noob. This is my first smartphone. I tried to root my Eris 2 weeks ago. and couldn't figure it out. I'm not computer/tech savvy.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OGDroid -> Droid 3-> Bionic

Where can one find this ereader app

It has to be installed directly from you phones browser. Here is the link...Download eReader for Android
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    +1 on eReader. I use it and love it. I used it on my Windows mobile PDA back in the day, so I was glad to find it for the android. I've been using it for a few months now, and it seems to work really well.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNoob View Post
    Hey guys. I love to read and was considering a kindle or a nook. Is there a book reader in the market that is any good? I tried Aldiko and it was limited to old classics. I'm even willing to pay for the books if it has a large selection. Or would I be better off purchasing an ereader.
    I started looking at the same thing some time back culminating in the purchase of the B&N Nook two weeks ago. What lead to this choice was as follows.

1. I determined Barnes and Noble to have the best library of books that I wanted.
    2. The Nook is an Android machine, meaning that even though today the Nook is a little rough and limited, it is headed for greatness.
    3. While there is no B&N app today for Android, it is very likely that there will be very shortly, since the Nook runs on top of Android, and in fact, the eReader app can handle B&N purchased books.

What all this means is that Barnes and Noble purchased books can be read on any computer with the B&N application, on the Nook because it is a B&N device and on the phone with eReader. Secondly, it seems to mean that the future will hold even more integration possibilities for reading enthusiasts. Finally, I will say that for hours of reading pleasure, the gap in eye strain between reading on a computer screen and an eInk screen is amazing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links