DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My recent fitness finds

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Talking My recent fitness finds

I have received so much great information from this site, I really feel inclined to share my recent application finds.

First, Diet & Food Tracker by SparkPeople. Up until this week I had been using Calorie Counter and I have to say Calorie Counter’s bar code scanner is bad-ass. Diet & Food Tracker doesn’t have a bar code scanner, but I find entering foods easier. I have belonged to SparkPeople for several years (using it off and on). This application picked my profile right up. All of my manually entered foods… right there on my phone. I like the interface on SparkPeople better then Fatsecret (the site Calorie Counter syncs to). Diet & Food automatically syncs your info, as soon as you put it in. I have checked both ways, entering on the phone and entering on the computer… both show up almost instantly. You do not have to manually sync your info.

As a companion for walking I also found Endomondo. This is one of those apps that make me really, really love my phone. It uses gps to track your duration, distance and speed. You can use it to track several exercises where you are moving… even tho’ I’m not sure how it works for swimming, but there is an option. LOL This application also syncs automatically to a website. On the website I found the average speed of my walking trip, by minute. Yea, I know it’s useless information, but seriously… how cool is that??

You can see your route on a Google map. This is a pretty cool feature too. There are other options available on Endomondo for things like audio coach or peptalk from your friends (no idea). I don’t use either of these features. All the maps are Google powered maps, so it’s a feature you are instantly familiar with.

Both of these apps are free and available on the Market (I have a Motorola Droid). I’m hoping I have been able to ‘pay forward’ some useful information.

Enjoy!!
    ~Sheryl

3. Johnly
    Quote Originally Posted by sherylhs View Post
    I have received so much great information from this site, I really feel inclined to share my recent application finds.

First, Diet & Food Tracker by SparkPeople. Up until this week I had been using Calorie Counter and I have to say Calorie Counter’s bar code scanner is bad-ass. Diet & Food Tracker doesn’t have a bar code scanner, but I find entering foods easier. I have belonged to SparkPeople for several years (using it off and on). This application picked my profile right up. All of my manually entered foods… right there on my phone. I like the interface on SparkPeople better then Fatsecret (the site Calorie Counter syncs to). Diet & Food automatically syncs your info, as soon as you put it in. I have checked both ways, entering on the phone and entering on the computer… both show up almost instantly. You do not have to manually sync your info.

As a companion for walking I also found Endomondo. This is one of those apps that make me really, really love my phone. It uses gps to track your duration, distance and speed. You can use it to track several exercises where you are moving… even tho’ I’m not sure how it works for swimming, but there is an option. LOL This application also syncs automatically to a website. On the website I found the average speed of my walking trip, by minute. Yea, I know it’s useless information, but seriously… how cool is that??

You can see your route on a Google map. This is a pretty cool feature too. There are other options available on Endomondo for things like audio coach or peptalk from your friends (no idea). I don’t use either of these features. All the maps are Google powered maps, so it’s a feature you are instantly familiar with.

Both of these apps are free and available on the Market (I have a Motorola Droid). I’m hoping I have been able to ‘pay forward’ some useful information.

Enjoy!!
    ~Sheryl
    Blessed be, I became a member of spark people due to a college nutrition class. I must say, a wealth of info! My dad is a muay thai cage fighter at 55, and you think me, being a young thirty something would be the exercise guru, nope. I will keep on trying! Thank you for reminding me of the more important things in life! I did take a conditioning lab this fall : ) There is nothing like walking through a room fit as lion : )
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Nice, do you know anything about a program that shows how much calories you lost in a day? I'm currently doing P90X and I woul like to know how much calories I've lost etc.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    We usually walk at lunch so I just grabbed Endomondo for another Droid Does show-n-tell opportunity. I've used My Tracks before and am happy with that app. It will create a MyMaps via Google Maps for you and also will create a spreadsheet for you on GoogleDocs.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    i love cardio trainer
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i'm more interested in an app thats for working out in the gym

ie

setup workout schedule, setup exercises, records reps vs sets with a side for notes like how you performed them, were they sloppy, fast, slow and control

if someone can make something like that, where it's REALLY easy to punch into the reps sets and access everything I would pay MONEY MONEY MONEY for that and advertise it liek no other
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dazdingo View Post
    i'm more interested in an app thats for working out in the gym

ie

setup workout schedule, setup exercises, records reps vs sets with a side for notes like how you performed them, were they sloppy, fast, slow and control

if someone can make something like that, where it's REALLY easy to punch into the reps sets and access everything I would pay MONEY MONEY MONEY for that and advertise it liek no other
    Check out GymBook. It's pretty good.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks for the post, OP. I have been using FatSecret up until now, but if there is an easier one, I am willing to change. Will check it out.

AFA Endomondo, I have been using Runstar for my walking. Just wondering if you have used it and if so, how they compare.

Thanks
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say I think it's great to see people enthusiastic about exercise/nutrition. Been a passion of mine for 12 years.

I wish everyone the best of success!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I think it's great to see people enthusiastic about exercise/nutrition. Been a passion of mine for 12 years.

I wish everyone the best of success!
    awesome martin, ive been really serious about exercise for about 3 now. not so serious for about 8.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links