DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: My recent fitness finds

  1. Droid
    sherylhs's Avatar
    Member #
    24887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SE, Michigan
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #1

    Talking My recent fitness finds

    I have received so much great information from this site, I really feel inclined to share my recent application finds.

    First, Diet & Food Tracker by SparkPeople. Up until this week I had been using Calorie Counter and I have to say Calorie Counter’s bar code scanner is bad-ass. Diet & Food Tracker doesn’t have a bar code scanner, but I find entering foods easier. I have belonged to SparkPeople for several years (using it off and on). This application picked my profile right up. All of my manually entered foods… right there on my phone. I like the interface on SparkPeople better then Fatsecret (the site Calorie Counter syncs to). Diet & Food automatically syncs your info, as soon as you put it in. I have checked both ways, entering on the phone and entering on the computer… both show up almost instantly. You do not have to manually sync your info.

    As a companion for walking I also found Endomondo. This is one of those apps that make me really, really love my phone. It uses gps to track your duration, distance and speed. You can use it to track several exercises where you are moving… even tho’ I’m not sure how it works for swimming, but there is an option. LOL This application also syncs automatically to a website. On the website I found the average speed of my walking trip, by minute. Yea, I know it’s useless information, but seriously… how cool is that??

    You can see your route on a Google map. This is a pretty cool feature too. There are other options available on Endomondo for things like audio coach or peptalk from your friends (no idea). I don’t use either of these features. All the maps are Google powered maps, so it’s a feature you are instantly familiar with.

    Both of these apps are free and available on the Market (I have a Motorola Droid). I’m hoping I have been able to ‘pay forward’ some useful information.

    Enjoy!!
    ~Sheryl
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Johnly
    Guest
    Johnly's Avatar
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sherylhs View Post
    I have received so much great information from this site, I really feel inclined to share my recent application finds.

    First, Diet & Food Tracker by SparkPeople. Up until this week I had been using Calorie Counter and I have to say Calorie Counter’s bar code scanner is bad-ass. Diet & Food Tracker doesn’t have a bar code scanner, but I find entering foods easier. I have belonged to SparkPeople for several years (using it off and on). This application picked my profile right up. All of my manually entered foods… right there on my phone. I like the interface on SparkPeople better then Fatsecret (the site Calorie Counter syncs to). Diet & Food automatically syncs your info, as soon as you put it in. I have checked both ways, entering on the phone and entering on the computer… both show up almost instantly. You do not have to manually sync your info.

    As a companion for walking I also found Endomondo. This is one of those apps that make me really, really love my phone. It uses gps to track your duration, distance and speed. You can use it to track several exercises where you are moving… even tho’ I’m not sure how it works for swimming, but there is an option. LOL This application also syncs automatically to a website. On the website I found the average speed of my walking trip, by minute. Yea, I know it’s useless information, but seriously… how cool is that??

    You can see your route on a Google map. This is a pretty cool feature too. There are other options available on Endomondo for things like audio coach or peptalk from your friends (no idea). I don’t use either of these features. All the maps are Google powered maps, so it’s a feature you are instantly familiar with.

    Both of these apps are free and available on the Market (I have a Motorola Droid). I’m hoping I have been able to ‘pay forward’ some useful information.

    Enjoy!!
    ~Sheryl
    Blessed be, I became a member of spark people due to a college nutrition class. I must say, a wealth of info! My dad is a muay thai cage fighter at 55, and you think me, being a young thirty something would be the exercise guru, nope. I will keep on trying! Thank you for reminding me of the more important things in life! I did take a conditioning lab this fall : ) There is nothing like walking through a room fit as lion : )
  4. Master Droid
    713King's Avatar
    Member #
    5948
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    446
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Nice, do you know anything about a program that shows how much calories you lost in a day? I'm currently doing P90X and I woul like to know how much calories I've lost etc.
  5. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #4
    We usually walk at lunch so I just grabbed Endomondo for another Droid Does show-n-tell opportunity. I've used My Tracks before and am happy with that app. It will create a MyMaps via Google Maps for you and also will create a spreadsheet for you on GoogleDocs.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  6. Master Droid
    c_mack9's Avatar
    Member #
    43551
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Bionic
    #5
    i love cardio trainer
  7. Droid Newbie
    dazdingo's Avatar
    Member #
    75443
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    i'm more interested in an app thats for working out in the gym

    ie

    setup workout schedule, setup exercises, records reps vs sets with a side for notes like how you performed them, were they sloppy, fast, slow and control

    if someone can make something like that, where it's REALLY easy to punch into the reps sets and access everything I would pay MONEY MONEY MONEY for that and advertise it liek no other
  8. Junior Droid
    gorexinfx's Avatar
    Member #
    10239
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dazdingo View Post
    i'm more interested in an app thats for working out in the gym

    ie

    setup workout schedule, setup exercises, records reps vs sets with a side for notes like how you performed them, were they sloppy, fast, slow and control

    if someone can make something like that, where it's REALLY easy to punch into the reps sets and access everything I would pay MONEY MONEY MONEY for that and advertise it liek no other
    Check out GymBook. It's pretty good.
  9. Junior Droid
    Gump47371's Avatar
    Member #
    48918
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Thanks for the post, OP. I have been using FatSecret up until now, but if there is an easier one, I am willing to change. Will check it out.

    AFA Endomondo, I have been using Runstar for my walking. Just wondering if you have used it and if so, how they compare.

    Thanks
  10. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #9
    Just wanted to pop in and say I think it's great to see people enthusiastic about exercise/nutrition. Been a passion of mine for 12 years.

    I wish everyone the best of success!
  11. Master Droid
    c_mack9's Avatar
    Member #
    43551
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Bionic
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I think it's great to see people enthusiastic about exercise/nutrition. Been a passion of mine for 12 years.

    I wish everyone the best of success!
    awesome martin, ive been really serious about exercise for about 3 now. not so serious for about 8.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Best Fitness App
    By Nemisis in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
  2. Woman Finds Rat in Chef Boyardee Can!
    By thedefectkid in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
  3. anyone having recent GDE problems?
    By yamaha83 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 04:44 AM
  4. Interesting Finds with ADB
    By photonmedia in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:07 AM

Search tags for this page

droid apps personal trainers
,

droid personal trainer app

,
droid x diet apps
,
endomondo vs my tracks
,

fatsecret vs sparkpeople

,
fitness app droid
,

mens health personal trainer android

,
personal trainer app android
,
personal trainer app droid
,
personal trainer apps droid
,
spark people vs fatsecret
,
sparkpeople app droid
,
sparkpeople or fatsecret
,

sparkpeople vs fatsecret

,
which is better sparkpeople or fatsecret
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+