DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: K9 and native eMail....

  1. Droid
    Scottay5150's Avatar
    Member #
    43907
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    K9 and native eMail....

    I have a Moto Droid and am now using K9 App. My phone is stock (as in no over clocking and not rooted). I do have various apps installed. What I need to know is K9 an overlay on the native eMail program. Or is it a standalone program that I can delete the stock eMail program. If so, what can I delete out of the phone?
    Because when I get a new eMail it comes up in both programs... redundant
    TIA
    Scott
  2. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150 View Post
    I have a Moto Droid and am now using K9 App. My phone is stock (as in no over clocking and not rooted). I do have various apps installed. What I need to know is K9 an overlay on the native eMail program. Or is it a standalone program that I can delete the stock eMail program. If so, what can I delete out of the phone?
    TIA
    Scott
    Welcome to your newest obsession, Scottay5150! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum!

    As to your native app question, unless you are rooted you can't remove any apps that come stock on the Droid. That's not to say you can't just drag the ones you don't want to the bottom of the screen and drop them into the trash. This takes them offscreen and leaves them only in the app tray. Hope that helps! Enjoy!




  3. Droid
    stevehy's Avatar
    Member #
    36299
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    The reason that you are getting double notifications is because you need to turn off all notifications in the standard email program. Do this and your double notifications will disappear. Btw, watch that you get notifications from K9, as it can be troublesome in this regard.
  4. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #4
    I never use the stock email app. I simply removed all configurations from it. Period. You don't have to remove the program. Just remove the icon from your screen and ignore it.

    As far as K-9 is concerned, I simply have all my email from all sources forwarded to my google gmail account and point K-9 at that account. I seldom use the gmail app. Instead I access my email through K-9.

    Done this way you don't have to depend on K-9 "polling" and pulling email. When the email is pushed from google gmail to my phone, the K-9 notification is automatic and (in my experience at least) completely reliable.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #5
    Like JSH1120, I use K9 to read my Gmail. For me, K9 is a very nice replacement to the stock app and works well.

    Mike
  6. Junior Droid
    dsigrist's Avatar
    Member #
    60691
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6

    Using GMail as a forward

    My use of Email with an IMAPS install gives me more that 20,000 messages since my phone is now synched with the emai server.

    To filter this down to just recent mail (last 10 days) I could forward my mail to a GMail account with a filter.

    Of course the problem is that you loose the e-mail address of the sender, and when you reply, to get the GMail account.

    And, when you delete the mail that you have read, it does not delete it from the email server.

    Oh well! How can I use Email with IMAP and filter out only the last 10 days? The Blacberry does it.
  7. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dsigrist View Post
    My use of Email with an IMAPS install gives me more that 20,000 messages since my phone is now synched with the emai server.

    To filter this down to just recent mail (last 10 days) I could forward my mail to a GMail account with a filter.

    Of course the problem is that you loose the e-mail address of the sender, and when you reply, to get the GMail account.

    And, when you delete the mail that you have read, it does not delete it from the email server.

    Oh well! How can I use Email with IMAP and filter out only the last 10 days? The Blacberry does it.
    I answered this over in your original post.
  8. Junior Droid
    dsigrist's Avatar
    Member #
    60691
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    There is no entry for limitations on incoming messages for IMAP.
  9. Master Droid
    segen77's Avatar
    Member #
    9164
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsigrist View Post
    My use of Email with an IMAPS install gives me more that 20,000 messages since my phone is now synched with the emai server.

    To filter this down to just recent mail (last 10 days) I could forward my mail to a GMail account with a filter.

    Of course the problem is that you loose the e-mail address of the sender, and when you reply, to get the GMail account.

    And, when you delete the mail that you have read, it does not delete it from the email server.

    Oh well! How can I use Email with IMAP and filter out only the last 10 days? The Blacberry does it.
    I answered this over in your original post.

    Can you link to the original post, I would like to know this as well.

    thanks
  10. Junior Droid
    dsigrist's Avatar
    Member #
    60691
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    Not sure how to link an original message. I replied to a message from Scotty on K9 and GMail.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall the native messeging app?
    By VPsteve in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
  2. Multiples of only some of the native apps
    By Xerozix in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 08:23 AM
  3. Problems with native facebook app
    By Slntagent in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. Droid 2.0 Native Tethering?
    By reggin in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
  5. Michigan native, living in Missouri, saying hello
    By bodean in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 01:47 PM

Search tags for this page

android disable standard mail app
,
forward k9 email
,
getting duplicate notifications k9 mail razr max
,

k-9 droid, disable stock email sync

,

k9 double notification

,

k9 double notifications

,

k9 email, double notification

,

k9 mail double notification

,

k9 vs stock

,
remove k9 mail notification
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+