DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Market Spam is... getting out of hand

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

The Market Spam is... getting out of hand

I am really tired of checking the "Just In" (All Apps) tap in the market to see what is new. I have to sort through 90% junk to see anything worthwhile. I wish they only included new apps and not updates, as well--this also makes it much more difficult to see what is new. There is this one "dev" (I use that word loosely) who is pumping out these pointless Asian iGirls apps--dozens at a time! Why can't we filter this crap? Come on Google, GET IT TOGETHER. You have a GREAT thing going! Why don't you work on the details now? 2.1 did nothing to help the Market navigation. Whenever 3.0 gets here, there better be a major overhaul.

Hey, I am all for an open market. Keep the spam coming for all I care, I just want easier navigation and to be kept informed better of what is new.

the best part about the Apple App Store is that their New/Featured section actually updates! and tells us what is NEW.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddog4DROID View Post
    I am really tired of checking the "Just In" (All Apps) tap in the market to see what is new. I have to sort through 90% junk to see anything worthwhile. I wish they only included new apps and not updates, as well--this also makes it much more difficult to see what is new. There is this one "dev" (I use that word loosely) who is pumping out these pointless Asian iGirls apps--dozens at a time! Why can't we filter this crap? Come on Google, GET IT TOGETHER. You have a GREAT thing going! Why don't you work on the details now? 2.1 did nothing to help the Market navigation. Whenever 3.0 gets here, there better be a major overhaul.

Hey, I am all for an open market. Keep the spam coming for all I care, I just want easier navigation and to be kept informed better of what is new.

the best part about the Apple App Store is that their New/Featured section actually updates! and tells us what is NEW.
    It doesn't really bother me, since I only use the search function, for apps I hear about on here or youtube. But one thing that would be nice, is maybe a Highest Rated category.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I pretty much exclusively use Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain to look for apps. The search function is pretty good; it can be accessed from my PC; it keeps my apps synchronized; and it has a front-end to the market from its Droid app.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    The bad thing is, do you really want Google deciding what is good and what isn't and censoring stuff like Apple does?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    The bad thing is, do you really want Google deciding what is good and what isn't and censoring stuff like Apple does?
    I doubt that anyone (on this forum anyway) wants that. Having said that, however, the OP's comments are well taken. Trying to find a particular app in the Market is an unpleasant chore. And that does not bode well for the future of the Android platform.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    I doubt that anyone (on this forum anyway) wants that. Having said that, however, the OP's comments are well taken. Trying to find a particular app in the Market is an unpleasant chore. And that does not bode well for the future of the Android platform.
    But what Google finds as trash might be someone else's treasure. Like the person above posted... do you really want Google to take over the Market and be like Apple?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Check out AppBrain. It seems to have some decent organization and allows you to set up apps for installation from your PC. I've only used it a couple of days, but it seems to work well so far.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo27 View Post
    . do you really want Google to take over the Market and be like Apple?
    NOBODY said that. People just don't want to click on "just in" and see the same "hot chic" app for the next 20 apps,and they are all the same person. Yes a little bit of control would be ok with me..I censorship....WOW I could not find a gun icon...
    Last edited by orangepeel; 04-16-2010 at 12:10 AM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ICSDX
    maybe they could bundle apps into sub-catagories that have over 400 dif versions. Those asian chick apps for one and all of those damn overpriced "luxury" clocks. I hate the spam comments too. I report every single one
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    I do believe that some categorization has to be done to the Market. The experience of scrolling down one by one to the one that you need is really terrible. I think we should look into the experience of the Market as well as looking into the quality of the applications available.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links