DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Android Music App - issues and questions

  1. Junior Droid
    randmcnally's Avatar
    Member #
    55491
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Android Music App - issues and questions

    Hi,

    General Player Questions:

    1. I've read on here that the music on the droid/milestone skips (tape hit, hesitates, whatever you want to call it), and I am experiencing that. Can someone with a 2.1 update confirm that issue is solved.

    2. Is the new media player in 2.1 WAAAAAYYYYYY better as they say it is? can you have it sit on top of the lock like TuneWiki? Can you scrobble to Last.fm?

    3. Is the headphone jack not reliable for some people, I find I have to twist the connection from time to time (the headphones are fine)

    TuneWiki Questions:

    1. Does tunewiki randomly start playing for no reason for some people? It's gotten me into some trouble lately.

    2. Is there something better than tunewiki (that also has last.fm scrobbling preferably)?

    3. When using the headphone controls I find it works overall, but the first time I use it to skip tracks I have to hit the button, then hold the button again, and THEN it switches tracks with one press. Then after a while I have to repeat the two press method to get it to work again.

    4. Why is the icon so ugly?
    ----

    I love tunewiki and android and my milestone but if this media skip issue is not fixed I am going to ask my carrier/motorola for a replacement or a refund because I only bought a smart phone so I could stop carrying my ipod around.

    thanks for any help!
    -rand
    Last edited by randmcnally; 04-14-2010 at 10:13 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Lynx's Avatar
    Member #
    2762
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    223
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by randmcnally View Post
    Hi,

    General Player Questions:

    1. I've read on here that the music on the droid/milestone skips (tape hit, hesitates, whatever you want to call it), and I am experiencing that. Can someone with a 2.1 update confirm that issue is solved.

    2. Is the new media player in 2.1 WAAAAAYYYYYY better as they say it is? can you have it sit on top of the lock like TuneWiki? Can you scrobble to Last.fm?

    3. Is the headphone jack not reliable for some people, I find I have to twist the connection from time to time (the headphones are fine)

    TuneWiki Questions:

    1. Does tunewiki randomly start playing for no reason for some people? It's gotten me into some trouble lately.

    2. Is there something better than tunewiki (that also has last.fm scrobbling preferably)?

    3. When using the headphone controls I find it works overall, but the first time I use it to skip tracks I have to hit the button, then hold the button again, and THEN it switches tracks with one press. Then after a while I have to repeat the two press method to get it to work again.

    4. Why is the icon so ugly?
    ----

    I love tunewiki and android and my milestone but if this media skip issue is not fixed I am going to ask my carrier/motorola for a replacement or a refund because I only bought a smart phone so I could stop carrying my ipod around.

    thanks for any help!
    -rand
    I am just going to comment on the better music player. bTunes is imo the best music player on the market hands down. I tried TuneWiki and I liked it for about a week, than stopped using it. I have tried just about every one on the market and found bTunes to be my favorite. I would check it out.
  4. Junior Droid
    randmcnally's Avatar
    Member #
    55491
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    okay cool, and you didn't develop bTunes correct?
    does it have Last.FM and can it sit on top of the lock using FlyScreen?

  5. Master Droid
    jimnutt's Avatar
    Member #
    20685
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Morrisville, NY
    Posts
    300
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    It's important to remember, that, unlike Apple, Google is more concerned with the base Android OS than the apps. I think one of the reasons the stock music player is so bare bones is that they don't expect people to use it. They expect you to go to the market and find one that suits you. So, yeah, the built in music player isn't very good, but there are lots of options on the market (I use TuneWiki myself), try them out until you find one you like.
  6. Senior Droid
    Lynx's Avatar
    Member #
    2762
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    223
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by randmcnally View Post
    okay cool, and you didn't develop bTunes correct?
    does it have Last.FM and can it sit on top of the lock using FlyScreen?

    Lol no I am not affiliated with the app at all, I just stumbled across it and found it worked best for me. It doesnt have Last.FM, but it does download album artwork from Last.FM so something like that may come down the line. Yes there is a widget that sits on the lock screen.
  7. Junior Droid
    randmcnally's Avatar
    Member #
    55491
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    for me right now I like tunewiki- but it randomly starts playing which is brutal. the interface buttons are also in desperate need of a redesign as they are ugly (being picky I know).

    I've heard that the music player in 2.1 has been redesigned and is awesome, but that's what Google is saying as opposed to actual users. Anyone used it? Is it amazing?

    I was reading the comments on bTunes - shame that the player that everyone loves is just an Apple style rip off. I also read that the default player will still randomly start playing and that the headphone buttons don't work. Can anyone confirm that is the case before I spend my $1.50.
  8. Senior Droid
    Lynx's Avatar
    Member #
    2762
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    223
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by randmcnally View Post
    for me right now I like tunewiki- but it randomly starts playing which is brutal. the interface buttons are also in desperate need of a redesign as they are ugly (being picky I know).

    I've heard that the music player in 2.1 has been redesigned and is awesome, but that's what Google is saying as opposed to actual users. Anyone used it? Is it amazing?

    I was reading the comments on bTunes - shame that the player that everyone loves is just an Apple style rip off. I also read that the default player will still randomly start playing and that the headphone buttons don't work. Can anyone confirm that is the case before I spend my $1.50.
    I have been using this for a while now and had that happen to me once. But not after the last few updates. I think it has alot to do with the ROM you are using also. Its just a great simple app thats easily worth 1.50. Try it for a few hours, if you dont like it get a refund
  9. Junior Droid
    mgautrea's Avatar
    Member #
    42450
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #8
    I had TuneWiki and liked it for a while. I got bTunes and like it. My question is, what is a good desktop music manager for the music so that I can make playlists, etc on the desktop and have it sync with bTunes? I have Windows Media on my computer but the album art and the playlists are not shown on bTunes. I know bTunes looks for art on last.fm but I would like to have them both synced up.
  10. Junior Droid
    randmcnally's Avatar
    Member #
    55491
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    I've only had my milestone a week, but Songbird works really well for me. You can sync and create playlists with it.
  11. Junior Droid
    mgautrea's Avatar
    Member #
    42450
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #10
    Do you use Songbird on the phone as well?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Music Player Questions
    By RoNYC in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
  2. Music Player Questions/Issues
    By elemcee in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
  3. My Questions/Issues with the Droid after 1 Month of Use
    By stanwelks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. music player issues
    By donp2700 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:32 PM
  5. Issues, and questions
    By Saphrinous in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 03:07 PM

Search tags for this page

android music app issues

,
android music app problems
,
android music app skips
,

android music app stops

,
android music application issues
,
android music player skipping
,
android music skip
,
android songbird randomly starts playing
,
how make music stop skipping in android phone
,
rand mcnally apps
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+