DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Check out Screebl Lite...Nice app!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Does this app wear on the battery seeing that it is running in the background?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Fascinate, G-Tab...
    Thanks Dave... Very Useful App

Highly Recomended
    Happy DROIDing
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So far, so good Dave. Looks like it uses about 3% of the cpu's resources.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Here's a wild question: could this technology be used to stop the playback of an audio book when I fall asleep (and the Droid drops to my chest and goes horizontal)?

I hate trying to pick up the next night and not knowing where I left off. That would be sweet if I nod off and playback stops immediately.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydoes View Post
    Cool app. But as far as saving the battery, I just tap the power button every time I set the phone down which turns off the screen immediately which ultimately is the BEST way of preserving the battery. With the screen being the biggest battery drain, I'm surprised more people don't do this.

I actually do this two and I posted the original message :-) Just some don't so it could help and there are times I do leave it down on something for some reason without clicking. If I had to set the time to 2 minutes...that would eat it up. Either way...still a very nice app.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchb2 View Post
    Here's a wild question: could this technology be used to stop the playback of an audio book when I fall asleep (and the Droid drops to my chest and goes horizontal)?

I hate trying to pick up the next night and not knowing where I left off. That would be sweet if I nod off and playback stops immediately.

I imagine it could. It would depend how your arm/phone falls, but you could figure that one out and set the phone up accordingly.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by keyesdav View Post
    I'm the developer of Screebl, and I'm happy to see that you find it useful. Since the Droid hit the market, I've been getting some very good feedback from Verizon users. Many of these suggestions will be incorporated into Screebl, and you can expect them in subsequent releases. These include:

- Automatically disabling Screebl when the phone is docked
    - More intelligent control of the screen when the phone is being used for a call
    - Integration with the Locale application so that Screebl itself can be enabled/disabled based on time-of-day, GPS coordinates, etc.

As things stand, I just released a new version (1.6.0) that includes some tweaks for Android 2.0 (Droid) users that should help things to look a bit nicer, and also fix some Droid-specific defects.

Thanks again, and I hope that you enjoy Screebl!

P.S. - You can see the video mentioned by the previous poster here:

YouTube - Screebl Overview

Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    In a nut shell...watch the included video (with download) or click on their site to watch it. It gives a good explanation.
    This free app does what many wished was built in...if you are looking at a web page, reading something, watching a movie or whatever....Screebl will keep your screen lit up (I am not talking about when you are touching the screen...I am talking about when you are just looking at something). When you put your phone in an unusual position such has completely horizontal, it allows your phone to shut off like it typically would. Whats nice about this is two fold...first....you no longer get the annoying dark screen all of a sudden when reading or looking at something. Yes, you could set your phone to not dim for a few minutes, but that would kill your battery if you set it down. With this, you can set your phone to go off at 15 seconds, but it will still stay lit up when you are using it.
    Second...it could actually save battery life overall by using the 15 second time out.

There are a lot of different settings that can be changed, but like the video will say, most of the defaults are good. They do recommend, and so do I, setting up the vertical and horizontal postioning of your phone based on how you hold it. This is how it knows if you are looking at something.

Very nice and well worth a look....
    Nice work!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the name of the app, Screebl, is a contraction of 'Screen Blank'.

Do I win?
    -----Jon-----
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    This is really a nice app but I found some bugs or was it attended to be this way?

The bug I noticed is that the menu lights are always on or turns on when you move the phone. Is it necessary to have those lights on at all unless you touch the menu? Doesn't the menu light use up more battery?

I would only assume it only goes on when you actually touch the menus and turns off by itself but with screebl installed it just stays turned on if you move your phone.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    been using this app the whole day so far, absolutely love it, however i have noticed one issue, when you are in landscape mode, and you have one corner slightly tilted down and not level with the other one, it deactivates it and the screen goes dim like default.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links