DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App to reply via text while on call?

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

App to reply via text while on call?

On my previous LG Dare there was a native app that would bring up a text box when I was on a call to allow me to enter a text message to the caller and send the text without interrupting my current call.

There is an app - PhonePlus Callback - that is designed to do this, but it has not worked for me on the Droid and based on the market feedback my issue is not uncommon.

Anyone else know of an application that does this? Anyone else use PhonePlus Callback on the Droid and get it to work? Looking everywhere for this function!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Not possible on the Verizon network at this time. If you're on a call, that's all you're ever going to be able to do unless you have wifi turned on.

Even still, this wouldn't allow you to send SMS.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I was able to do it via Verizon on my LG Dare, so is it an Android OS issue?

And I did notice today I can open up Handcent and send a text message while on a call, but I have to go through the process of opening Handcent, finding the contact and then typing/sending the message.

The preference is to have several text options appear as well as the option to enter my own message, but if it is an Android issue, not sure there is much that can be done.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    I am able to send a text thru handcent every way imaginable whole on a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post

And I did notice today I can open up Handcent and send a text message while on a call, but I have to go through the process of opening Handcent, finding the contact and then typing/sending the message.

The preference is to have several text options appear as well as the option to enter my own message, but if it is an Android issue, not sure there is much that can be done.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder

Re: App to reply via text while on call?

Not possible on the Verizon network at this time. If you're on a call, that's all you're ever going to be able to do unless you have wifi turned on.

Even still, this wouldn't allow you to send SMS.

Actually, this is not correct! You can send SMS, but not data while on a call. Native SMS does not require a data connection!
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Yes, I can send texts while on a call too, which is not really the issue - doing it the the way you indicate requires like 4 - 5 additional steps. I would like Handcent (in this case) to pop up, recognizing that I am on a call and prompt me to send a text, rather than having to go to the home screen, select Handcent, select the person who just called, enter the text, hit send, go back to the current call. . . I guess I am just being lazy, but if a Dare could do it

Quote Originally Posted by bcolby20 View Post
    I am able to send a text thru handcent every way imaginable whole on a call.

8. verian
    You can even run apps while on a call. They will refresh and everything. Just no web browsing everything else is fair game.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Yes, I can send texts while on a call too, which is not really the issue - doing it the the way you indicate requires like 4 - 5 additional steps. I would like Handcent (in this case) to pop up, recognizing that I am on a call and prompt me to send a text, rather than having to go to the home screen, select Handcent, select the person who just called, enter the text, hit send, go back to the current call. . . I guess I am just being lazy, but if a Dare could do it
    It's an interesting feature. Not sure I personally see the point (why stop at assuming that I want to text someone I'm currently talking to?) but why not? The Droid could certainly do it. It's just a matter of whether or not there's an app that does this.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    It's an interesting feature. Not sure I personally see the point (why stop at assuming that I want to text someone I'm currently talking to?) but why not? The Droid could certainly do it. It's just a matter of whether or not there's an app that does this.
    Takeshi, I am realizing that my writing on this topic is abysmally unclear - the situation is I am talking to person X, but I receive a call from person Y (who I might need/want to talk to but don't want to end the current call), so I want to be able to multitask and quickly let them know via text that i will be calling them back shortly.

I was under the incorrect assumption that there was something OS related holding back the ability for the app to do this, but I am hoping a developer (maybe even the Handcent dev) will come up with something.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    If i need to text while on a call I usually hit the speakerphone then hit home key. then bring up the message. still works

"If you ain't fisrt, you're last"
    -Ricky Bobby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links