DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: App to reply via text while on call?

  1. Premium Member
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar
    Member #
    7560
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #1

    App to reply via text while on call?

    On my previous LG Dare there was a native app that would bring up a text box when I was on a call to allow me to enter a text message to the caller and send the text without interrupting my current call.

    There is an app - PhonePlus Callback - that is designed to do this, but it has not worked for me on the Droid and based on the market feedback my issue is not uncommon.

    Anyone else know of an application that does this? Anyone else use PhonePlus Callback on the Droid and get it to work? Looking everywhere for this function!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    Caindris's Avatar
    Member #
    9899
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    64
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #2
    Not possible on the Verizon network at this time. If you're on a call, that's all you're ever going to be able to do unless you have wifi turned on.

    Even still, this wouldn't allow you to send SMS.
  4. Premium Member
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar
    Member #
    7560
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #3
    I was able to do it via Verizon on my LG Dare, so is it an Android OS issue?

    And I did notice today I can open up Handcent and send a text message while on a call, but I have to go through the process of opening Handcent, finding the contact and then typing/sending the message.

    The preference is to have several text options appear as well as the option to enter my own message, but if it is an Android issue, not sure there is much that can be done.
  5. Junior Droid
    bcolby20's Avatar
    Member #
    31757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    #4
    I am able to send a text thru handcent every way imaginable whole on a call.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    I was able to do it via Verizon on my LG Dare, so is it an Android OS issue?

    And I did notice today I can open up Handcent and send a text message while on a call, but I have to go through the process of opening Handcent, finding the contact and then typing/sending the message.

    The preference is to have several text options appear as well as the option to enter my own message, but if it is an Android issue, not sure there is much that can be done.
  6. Master Droid
    Technoman's Avatar
    Member #
    12158
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    #5

    Re: App to reply via text while on call?

    Not possible on the Verizon network at this time. If you're on a call, that's all you're ever going to be able to do unless you have wifi turned on.

    Even still, this wouldn't allow you to send SMS.

    Actually, this is not correct! You can send SMS, but not data while on a call. Native SMS does not require a data connection!
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Premium Member
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar
    Member #
    7560
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #6
    Yes, I can send texts while on a call too, which is not really the issue - doing it the the way you indicate requires like 4 - 5 additional steps. I would like Handcent (in this case) to pop up, recognizing that I am on a call and prompt me to send a text, rather than having to go to the home screen, select Handcent, select the person who just called, enter the text, hit send, go back to the current call. . . I guess I am just being lazy, but if a Dare could do it

    Quote Originally Posted by bcolby20 View Post
    I am able to send a text thru handcent every way imaginable whole on a call.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    I was able to do it via Verizon on my LG Dare, so is it an Android OS issue?

    And I did notice today I can open up Handcent and send a text message while on a call, but I have to go through the process of opening Handcent, finding the contact and then typing/sending the message.

    The preference is to have several text options appear as well as the option to enter my own message, but if it is an Android issue, not sure there is much that can be done.
  8. verian
    Guest
    verian's Avatar
    #7
    You can even run apps while on a call. They will refresh and everything. Just no web browsing everything else is fair game.
  9. Droid Sensei
    takeshi's Avatar
    Member #
    10236
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,600
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Yes, I can send texts while on a call too, which is not really the issue - doing it the the way you indicate requires like 4 - 5 additional steps. I would like Handcent (in this case) to pop up, recognizing that I am on a call and prompt me to send a text, rather than having to go to the home screen, select Handcent, select the person who just called, enter the text, hit send, go back to the current call. . . I guess I am just being lazy, but if a Dare could do it
    It's an interesting feature. Not sure I personally see the point (why stop at assuming that I want to text someone I'm currently talking to?) but why not? The Droid could certainly do it. It's just a matter of whether or not there's an app that does this.
  10. Premium Member
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar
    Member #
    7560
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Yes, I can send texts while on a call too, which is not really the issue - doing it the the way you indicate requires like 4 - 5 additional steps. I would like Handcent (in this case) to pop up, recognizing that I am on a call and prompt me to send a text, rather than having to go to the home screen, select Handcent, select the person who just called, enter the text, hit send, go back to the current call. . . I guess I am just being lazy, but if a Dare could do it
    It's an interesting feature. Not sure I personally see the point (why stop at assuming that I want to text someone I'm currently talking to?) but why not? The Droid could certainly do it. It's just a matter of whether or not there's an app that does this.
    Takeshi, I am realizing that my writing on this topic is abysmally unclear - the situation is I am talking to person X, but I receive a call from person Y (who I might need/want to talk to but don't want to end the current call), so I want to be able to multitask and quickly let them know via text that i will be calling them back shortly.

    I was under the incorrect assumption that there was something OS related holding back the ability for the app to do this, but I am hoping a developer (maybe even the Handcent dev) will come up with something.
  11. thenowherekid's Avatar
    Member #
    16780
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    94
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #10
    If i need to text while on a call I usually hit the speakerphone then hit home key. then bring up the message. still works
    _____________________________________________
    Rooted Motorola Droid Razr



    "If you ain't fisrt, you're last"
    -Ricky Bobby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tone instead of vibrate for text while on a call
    By andyhill72 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
  2. text message reply to wrong contact
    By OB1J3D1 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM
  3. Restoring text messages, call log, etc...
    By Universal in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. text while in call
    By jigsawkilr in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
  5. Text notification during call
    By Brien Crotty in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Search tags for this page

app to use to text a message when on another call

,
droid text while call
,
how to ignoring a phone call and text messages?
,

how to response to a text while on a call useing a iphone

,

how to text while on phone iphone

,
iphone respond to text while on phone
,

reply to a text message while on a call photon

,

send a text while on a call with iphone

,
send text while on a call iphone
,

text while on a call

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+