DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ipod emulator for droid.. to allow car stereos etc. to work

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
    Bluetooth works beautifully for interfacing the Droid to a car stereo. Skip, Pause, rewind, handsfree calling... etc all worked pretty good on my D1. Haven't used my DX on bluetooth yet though.
    +1, I have a X and use it to play pandora/stored music over bluetooth

also have access to hands free calling as well....

personally I like using my X to navigate and pick songs.....im either fiddling with a tiny screen on my stereo or quicky selecting a song on my massive X
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
    You could control playback via the stereo itself when the Droid was connected via bluetooth?
    Depends on the car stereo. Most car stereos that are bluetooth enabled and able to stream music from your phone can also control the tracks. This means you can change songs without touching your Droid.

If your car stereo doesn't have bluetooth, there are many ways you can add a bluetooth adapter. These adapters hook up to your car stereo either by an aux input (if your car stereo has an aux or iPod input) or by either wired or wieless FM modulation (Wired being much preferred). Many of these adapters also allow you to control songs without touching your Droid.

I installed an Alpine Bluetooth unit to my factory Honda car stereo. I can take and make calls, listen to music, change tracks, etc. without every having to touch my phone. I love it so much I made a YouTube video:

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Yes. The only thing I never tried was placing a call via bluetooth. I was however able to receive calls and listen to the caller via the car speakers.
    -Adam
    Droidist since 12/1/09
    HTC One
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm glad this got resurrected, I am not going to try the usb port of my stereo on my droid instead of the aux and phone charger. Of course, if it works in my Soul, I will need to adjust my Tasker profiles again.... And if it does that is especially good because my charger is on its last legs (bad connector).
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s4
    Has anyone figured out how to use an usb cable with a car stereo. I have an older pineeor headunit that had ipod controls and stuff. But not blue tooth. There is no way to mount it with my my phone. If there is I guess idk how to do it. I tried a few times now but fail each time. I have a galaxy s4 btw.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SGH-I337 Unlocked and Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephino View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to use an usb cable with a car stereo. I have an older pineeor headunit that had ipod controls and stuff. But not blue tooth. There is no way to mount it with my my phone. If there is I guess idk how to do it. I tried a few times now but fail each time. I have a galaxy s4 btw.
    Hey I had the same problem as you (I also have a s4). I found an app called USB Mass Storage Enabler. The only thing is you need to be rooted to use the app and that it o only allows your radio to read the sd card and not the built in memory. If you're ok with that its on the play store.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s4
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0444 View Post
    Hey I had the same problem as you (I also have a s4). I found an app called USB Mass Storage Enabler. The only thing is you need to be rooted to use the app and that it o only allows your radio to read the sd card and not the built in memory. If you're ok with that its on the play store.
    oh nice, but i really want something that i can listen to pandora without needing a 3.5mm cable
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SGH-I337 Unlocked and Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephino View Post
    oh nice, but i really want something that i can listen to pandora without needing a 3.5mm cable
    On then I think you're looking for something like this.
    Wireless Bluetooth Receiver 3 5mm Stereo Audio Music for iPod iPhone MP3 MP4 PC | eBay

As for me my aux port is broken on my radio so I'll have to shell out some $$$ for the bluetooth adapter designed for my radio. Btw I have a Jensen uv10.

EDIT
    This one has a mic so you can make and receive calls.

Wireless A2DP HiFi Bluetooth Stereo Audio Dongle Adapter Receiver 3 5mm PM 1002 | eBay
    Last edited by kc0444; 07-22-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links