DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning about taskiller

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola One Droid

Exclamation Warning about taskiller

Guys, I noticed I stopped getting facebook, twitter, and hotmail notifications yesterday. Also, I noticed my weather apps were not updating like they were supposed to.

Today I stopped taskiller from running and I started getting facebook, twitter, hotmail notifications and my weather apps started updating perfectly.

Not sure if I was doing something worng but apparently when you have taskiller running and you end all programs using taskiller it stops things from updating or at least that's what happened to me.

I stopped taskiller from running and everything worked. Problem solved. Also according to this thread an task killing app isn't needed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ackground.html

No need to thank me for this....
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Some apps you will need to define in the kill-exclusion lists in order to not kill their synchronization.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    With all of the threads about task killer and it's negative effects on the Droid, I decided to uninstall. So far so good. My phone seems to be more responsive (maybe it's just me) and my Facebook Widget is FINALLY updating.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Most problems are due to user error. If you don't want something to stop working, you need to exclude it so it doesn't get killed. That applies dependencies of apps too.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    When you say your Facebook widget is working what do you mean? The only thing i get from Facebook is Direct Messages and friends requests. Are you guys getting wall posts, posts after yours, pic messages, ETC?

thanks...

So far, that is my only complaint about the Droid.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Before uninstalling the task manager app, my FB widget would not update at all. It was showing the status (and only status) of my friends, and hadn't updated once since Friday. Now, it updates every 30 minutes consistently
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    so you still dont get any notifications in the notifications pane?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I wish my biggest challenge was "getting my facebook updates". I use task killer to keep apps and tasks from eating up my battery so a charge will last the entire day. Of course I use my phone primarily for work as opposed to facebook updates.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't get updates for FB in the notification panel, and quite frankly I don't want to. I'd assume scroll over a couple of homepages to get my FB updates from the widget.
    Also, I do use my phone for not only fun, but business as well. Part of the use for business is to demo this device to potential customers. It's my belief that the task manager was causing some unwanted freezing of apps. I am led to this conclusion because since I removed it, my Droid has yet to stall and require a battery pull. Also, battery life for me is no different with or without this task manager installed, either way it sucks.
    I'll just let the phone do it's job of managing all open apps without assistance from myself or the task mgr.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    To task kill or not to task kill....

Seems to be a lot of opinions here. To the "don't task kill" peeps, how do you solve this problem without taskkiller...

I loaded google maps to help someone on the road find an address earlier today. Since the program didn't shut down by hitting back or home, it ended up draining half my battery in 2 or 3 hours stand by. So what do you do in that situation if you don't have task killer?

I should mention this is the most poorly executed design of having multiple apps open on any operating system I've ever seen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links