DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM Please

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

XM Please

I need XM on my phone please. Is it coming?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I agree I'd like to have Sirius on my phone, but since theyre the same company now I'm assuming that one app will work for both networks. Ive read speculations that an app should be coming relatively soon.

I definitely wouldnt mind getting rid of my Sirius Stiletto and replacing it with my droid, since before I used the stiletto as my mp3 player and its nice but it definitely wasnt worth $350 considering the internal antenna in it blows and you cant listen to satellite radio unless you wear their headphones which contain an external antenna or place it in the dock.

Hopefully it will come soon.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Just use one of the many other radio apps to achieve commercial free music in your car. (ex. Pandora, Slacker, DroidLive)
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    If you have Sirius/XM, internet radio just isnt the same, most likely because of the variety of stations and you get to know the DJs since you listen to them constantly.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    If you have Sirius/XM, internet radio just isnt the same, most likely because of the variety of stations and you get to know the DJs since you listen to them constantly.
    There is a much larger variety of stations on DroidLive, CherryRPlayer, etc than on Sirius/XM. Even Howard Stern's channel is available.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    still no outQ or Jason Ellis so I patiently wait on an app
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Do people actually still use satellite radio for music? The only reason I'm dying for an app is so I can get the satellite-only programming, such as Opie and Anthony. Droid just doesn't feel complete while I still have to use a separate xm radio.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid User
    Opie and anthony are on two different stations. on droidlive. still waiting on Ron and Fez. come on buddays.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'd rather not illegal jack the programming from a third party anyway. I'd like my money to go to the people I'm listening too (albeit in a trickle down way)
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    I'd rather not illegal jack the programming from a third party anyway. I'd like my money to go to the people I'm listening too (albeit in a trickle down way)
    Its not illegal to listen to radio lol. Either way they are getting good ratings which is making them more money so it doesn't matter one way or another. The XM/Sirius app is only available on Blackberry and iPhone at the moment and might not even show up on Android since Android has too many different versions of the OS.

I use RadioTime for stations i cant get locally but are real stations in other cities and DroidLive for other stations that are strictly internet. I used to be an Internet Radio DJ.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links