DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Root Explorer Problem?

  1. Droid
    Boardwalk30's Avatar
    Member #
    45505
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Droid Simply Stunning 4.8
    #1

    Root Explorer Problem?

    Hey guys, i have a problem. After rooting my Droid, i bought Root Explorer. It is AMAZING. I thought Astro was where its at, but i was wrong. Not saying that astro is bad, but i have heard people complain about it interfering with GPS, (and i'm having GPS troubles ATM) and so i want to uninstall it. Theres only 1 issue. Root Explorer (as far as i know) can only open up files as readable text or writable text... I.E. it cant open up powerpoints and other docs that aren't word based by nature. Astro does so by letting me choose Quick Docs to open it, is there any way i could get Root Explorer to open up files by allowing me to choose the program to do so? Any help would be appreciated.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #2
    If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Droid
    Boardwalk30's Avatar
    Member #
    45505
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Droid Simply Stunning 4.8
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.

    No no no... Astro causes GPS to malfunction and not accurately locate... just look at most of the GPS problem posts and you will see the "Astro update" problem... So i want to have the functionality of both Astro and Root Explorer just from Root Explorer... Im guessing there is a way i just simply dont know what that is...
  5. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.

    No no no... Astro causes GPS to malfunction and not accurately locate... just look at most of the GPS problem posts and you will see the "Astro update" problem... So i want to have the functionality of both Astro and Root Explorer just from Root Explorer... Im guessing there is a way i just simply dont know what that is...
    Sorry if I misunderstood. Are you saying the problem is Astro and you want to delete it? And are we talking about the file manager program Astro?

    DocToGo will open the kinds of files you named.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Droid
    Boardwalk30's Avatar
    Member #
    45505
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Droid Simply Stunning 4.8
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalk30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    If you leave GPS turned off, how can it cause problems? Disable it and it will not be an issue. Deleting it will probably cause some serious problems with programs that check to see if it is turned on or off. Just leave GPS turned off and open programs that use GPS to determine location and disable those functions too.

    No no no... Astro causes GPS to malfunction and not accurately locate... just look at most of the GPS problem posts and you will see the "Astro update" problem... So i want to have the functionality of both Astro and Root Explorer just from Root Explorer... Im guessing there is a way i just simply dont know what that is...
    Sorry if I misunderstood. Are you saying the problem is Astro and you want to delete it? And are we talking about the file manager program Astro?

    DocToGo will open the kinds of files you named.
    Yeah, the file manager. And yes, i have heard people have problems with it, i just got my GPS up and running but people said that Astro can stop it from working. Thanks for the Docs to Go idea, but i have to buy apps through a different credit card, and i dont think i can. Besides, i don't actually need another file handling app. I just want Root Explorer to give me the popup saying "Open this with..." and give me a list of programs that i already have, allowing me to choose which one i want to use.

    Like when you try to use internet, but have both stock and Dolphin, and you have no preference set, it will ask you which you'd like to use. I get that functionality from Astro, but want it from Root Explorer.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. +Help Locating Root Explorer
    By nateccnn in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
  2. root explorer replacement?
    By woodyman in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM
  3. Problem after using Root Explorer
    By Droidster163 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 02:22 PM
  4. cant open root explorer
    By Russ2387 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
  5. Root Explorer problem
    By triplem007 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Search tags for this page

android explorer problems
,
android root explorer problem
,

cannot open root explorer

,
droid explorer does not delete files
,
how+to+open+root explorer
,
problem with root explorer
,

root explorer cannot delete files

,
root explorer cannot open
,
root explorer canot open
,
root explorer cant edit text files
,

root explorer problem

,
root explorer problem deleting
,

root explorer problems

,
root+explorer+can+not delete
,
why i cannot open root explorer
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+