DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: is there a DIFFERENT notifier?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid for Motorola

is there a DIFFERENT notifier?

I've been searching here for a while now looking for an app that is decent for giving missed calls/messages notifications.

Everything I've found is for the status bar at the top. is there ANY app out there that makes something appear in the main screen?

I did find one in the market, but it had a lot of problems listed and no further development. Plus it wasn't free. I am down for buying an app if needed, but not one that is buggy and not being refined.

Thanks.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Handcent has a feature that will make text messages pop up on the screen when you get one, but you'd still get the notification in the top bar, other than that im not sure how to help you
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicjunkie View Post
    I've been searching here for a while now looking for an app that is decent for giving missed calls/messages notifications.

Everything I've found is for the status bar at the top. is there ANY app out there that makes something appear in the main screen?

I did find one in the market, but it had a lot of problems listed and no further development. Plus it wasn't free. I am down for buying an app if needed, but not one that is buggy and not being refined.

Thanks.
    The free app "SMS popup" works great for messages. I am on call for long stretches and, if the first SMS alert doesn't wake me up then the message will repeat every two minutes. The message shows up right in the middle of your screen, if you set it up that way.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Will this work w/ Google Voice "text messages" also?

[QUOTE= The free app "SMS popup" works great for messages. I am on call for long stretches and, if the first SMS alert doesn't wake me up then the message will repeat every two minutes. The message shows up right in the middle of your screen, if you set it up that way.[/QUOTE]
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonty View Post
    I haven't tried it yet but I believe you can forward Google voice messages to your SMS and then it should work. Let me know if it does. I just signed up to request Google Voice.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Thanks, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of using GV in my case. I use GV for free "text messaging". So, sending it to the native service would not be feasable.

Quote Originally Posted by barryp3403 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonty View Post
    I haven't tried it yet but I believe you can forward Google voice messages to your SMS and then it should work. Let me know if it does. I just signed up to request Google Voice.

Links