DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google map help - multiple entries

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

google map help - multiple entries

I need to be able to have multiple entries in my navigation. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? The best way I have found so far is to have a separate shortcut on my desktop for each destination, but it's still a pain that way.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by segen77 View Post
    I need to be able to have multiple entries in my navigation. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? The best way I have found so far is to have a separate shortcut on my desktop for each destination, but it's still a pain that way.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. If it's simply that you don't want to take up screen real estate with multiple shortcuts, you might try "Nav Launcher" from the Market. It allows you to save multiple destinations are "favorites" accessible from a single "Nav Launcher" icon.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Or use layers
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Segen77 are you asking if you can enter more than one address into google maps, and then navigate to multiple points in a route? I have been wondering this my self. I would love to be able to enter multiple address, then follow the route. I have not found a way to do this. I hope google adds this ability in soon.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyj View Post
    Segen77 are you asking if you can enter more than one address into google maps, and then navigate to multiple points in a route? I have been wondering this my self. I would love to be able to enter multiple address, then follow the route. I have not found a way to do this. I hope google adds this ability in soon.

Yup, this is what I was asking, just didn't say it quite right.

It sounds like nav launcher may help a little, so I'll look into that. I'm not too sure how layers will help. Maybe I'm just not seeing something on there though.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You could achieve this with layers, but it would be a big pain in the @ss! I like you, just want to enter more than one address right from the maps app and then press navigate, and it starts with the first stop and works it way to the next as each destination is reached. What the others are describing would work, but if you are constantly changing routes, this would be cumbersome.

We can just hope that google adds in this feature in the near future along with other settings that allow us to avoid tolls and carpools.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    As a Realtor, I've been looking for a solution for this as well. My current workaround is to put all the addresses in a map and save it in My Maps, then pull that map up in Layers. That way I have all the addresses in one map. It would be nice if I could choose my current location as a start point, select an end point, and have it calculate the best route to hit all the properties.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pjo1966 View Post
    As a Realtor, I've been looking for a solution for this as well. My current workaround is to put all the addresses in a map and save it in My Maps, then pull that map up in Layers. That way I have all the addresses in one map. It would be nice if I could choose my current location as a start point, select an end point, and have it calculate the best route to hit all the properties.
    I do this as well for the vendors that I frequent and their address does not change, using My Maps. Works well for this situation. I do however drive commercial vehicle with multiple stops that change daily to places I have never been. It would be nice to be able to enter my first stop and then enter the following multiple stops and have it route me without having to enter each stop manually after each stop is reached.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

I didn't even know about this option. It seems to work well. It's not quite as smooth as I'd like, but it's acceptable until a better option shows up.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by segen77 View Post

I didn't even know about this option. It seems to work well. It's not quite as smooth as I'd like, but it's acceptable until a better option shows up.
    It wasn't even available to me before the latest Maps update. My primary account is a Google Apps account with my own domain. My maps doesn't work with those accounts. Now I can switch to a gmail account.

It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links