DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Any way in Home++ to always return to your home screen?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Any way in Home++ to always return to your home screen?

I'm running Home++ which is great, but one thing I'd like is for the phone to automatically return to the main home screen when being unlocked or hanging up from a call. Does anyone know of an app to do this?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoJim View Post
    I'm running Home++ which is great, but one thing I'd like is for the phone to automatically return to the main home screen when being unlocked or hanging up from a call. Does anyone know of an app to do this?
    Don't know if it will work with Home++, but it works with GDE so I don't know why it wouldn't. Take a look at "NotCallLog" to return to your home screen when you finish a call. It can be set to return to the dialer (rather than the call log) or to the Home screen.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Don't know if it will work with Home++, but it works with GDE so I don't know why it wouldn't. Take a look at "NotCallLog" to return to your home screen when you finish a call. It can be set to return to the dialer (rather than the call log) or to the Home screen.
    Thanks for the advice and I'm actually using that already, but it still seems to take me to the last home screen that I was on, rather than the default home screen.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Try going:

Settings < Applications < Manage Apps

Select the Home++ app, and clear it's defaults. You may have to do this with a few other apps, but what it should achieve is the phone asking you what default action you want to take every time an app goes to the home screen.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and I'm actually using that already, but it still seems to take me to the last home screen that I was on, rather than the default home screen.
    Sorry 'bout that. I realize it's a workaround, but does hitting the home button then take you to your desired homescreen? Tapping the home button twice in GDE always takes you to the default homescreen so I'm assuming it might work that way in Home++.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    [quote=jsh1120;321743]
    Sorry 'bout that. I realize it's a workaround, but does hitting the home button then take you to your desired homescreen? Tapping the home button twice in GDE always takes you to the default homescreen so I'm assuming it might work that way in Home++.
    Assuming you have your settings right and the "proper" screen set as default, pressing the home key in home++ will take you directly to your main/default screen. I think that's pretty standard with home replacements.
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!

Links