DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Voice recorder/reminder app

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

Voice recorder/reminder app

This would be cool as I drive a lot and am constantly thinking of things I need to do.

An app that would record a quick thought, and set time to remind you to listen to it.

-Jim
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpryan View Post
    This would be cool as I drive a lot and am constantly thinking of things I need to do.

An app that would record a quick thought, and set time to remind you to listen to it.

-Jim
    Gotcha covered. NoteEverything has "voice notes." You record a thought, add an optional text note to describe it, and send it to your Google calendar as a particular event. Or just set the note to a reminder in a specified period of time within NoteEverything..
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Thanks. I installed it and while it looks like what I want, the voice playback doesn't work. It sounds like a 78 rpm record being played at 33, everything is slow and deep. I couldn't find any settings in regard to this, have you used it?

-Jim
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Thanks. I installed it and while it looks like what I want, the voice playback doesn't work. It sounds like a 78 rpm record being played at 33, everything is slow and deep. I couldn't find any settings in regard to this, have you used it?

-Jim
    Reboot your system. I believe that's how I fixed the same problem.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    You are correct. That worked. However, I don't get the point of the calendar option. When I put it on the calendar nothing is there but the title of the voice note. I was expecting an attachment. There is one with the email, but not on the calendar.

-Jim
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    You are correct. That worked. However, I don't get the point of the calendar option. When I put it on the calendar nothing is there but the title of the voice note. I was expecting an attachment. There is one with the email, but not on the calendar.

-Jim
    Sorry, after I wrote that recommendation I realized it's a bit of a pita. All it really does on the calendar is to remind you to look at your phone. If you consult your calendar a lot, as I do, it's convenient. But otherwise it leaves a bit to be desired.

The better option, I think, is email (as you've discovered) or using the "reminder" in the NoteEverything menu for the particular voice note. That allows you to set a reminder in the phone itself. Also, I'm not sure but you might be able to email the reminder (along with the attached voice note) to an app like RememberTheMilk or Astrid. The former is an app I use a lot since it integrates well with my Google calendar and handles a lot of "to do" tasks for which a particular event time is inappropriate.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 03-19-2010 at 08:15 AM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    OK, thanks anyway. I signed up for RTM a while back but haven't used it much. Do they have an app for Android?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    OK, thanks anyway. I signed up for RTM a while back but haven't used it much. Do they have an app for Android?
    Yes, they do. I swear by RTM. It has great features including the ability of my wife to email me "tasks" that automatically go on my "HoneyDo" list. (Not sure I'd call that "great" but it's useful.) Nice thing about RTM is the fact that it's accessible both from my computer and my phone.

Just check the Market for "RememberTheMilk." You should find it.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GNexus, wife DRazr
    Astrid also syncs with rememberthemilk.com if you prefer to use astrid. I haven't tried RTM's client, so I don't know what the differences are.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PridgNYC View Post
    Astrid also syncs with rememberthemilk.com if you prefer to use astrid. I haven't tried RTM's client, so I don't know what the differences are.
    It's more polite and less authoritarian than Astrid.

Links