DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Help!!

so there is so much to learn with this thing i feel so out of the loop. i have had the droid for about a week now and im making no progress other then getting some cool apps. i dont know much about anything. i see all these cool... idk even what to call it lol but it involves rom and zipped files and wiping **** out and all this **** HELP. i want to beable to utilize my droid to its full potential otherwise its useless to have if im not. so tell me everything there is to know but in retard language thanks much
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There is a thread with like 20 very helpful youtube clips. Everything from doing a quick dial to rooting to unrooting. Again, there all step be step youtube videos. The thread was made by pilotcharles, hopefully he can post that link or someone else can. Good luck fellow droidian!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    You're just going to have to read around.

Welcome to the forum by the way....check out rootyourdroid.info

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Breath and relax. You should start by just getting used to what it came with. Put some music on it and maybe some tv shows or movies. The easiest way to do this is to get your movies in ipod format first then all the media is simple drop and drag. Now you have a media, phone and internet device to be content with for a bit. I see no reason to mess with rooting unless you have a specific purpose for it.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    if you want an impressive ROM to try i would recomend ultimatedroid. the latest version is 6.5 but 7.0 will be coming soon
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snackpak View Post
    so there is so much to learn with this thing i feel so out of the loop. i have had the droid for about a week now and im making no progress other then getting some cool apps. i dont know much about anything. i see all these cool... idk even what to call it lol but it involves rom and zipped files and wiping **** out and all this **** HELP. i want to beable to utilize my droid to its full potential otherwise its useless to have if im not. so tell me everything there is to know but in retard language thanks much
    First of all, welcome to DF. You found the place for the right answers. There is a lot you can do with the Droid, but first of all you must be patient. There's many many people here that will assist you if you have questions. You just need to read up on things. Are you sure you want to root the Droid? If so, read all about it. Then, ask for suggestions from the users here, and trust me, we'll have you pointed in the right direction. You need to relax, and you'll do well.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snackpak View Post
    First of all, welcome to DF. You found the place for the right answers. There is a lot you can do with the Droid, but first of all you must be patient. There's many many people here that will assist you if you have questions. You just need to read up on things. Are you sure you want to root the Droid? If so, read all about it. Then, ask for suggestions from the users here, and trust me, we'll have you pointed in the right direction. You need to relax, and you'll do well.
    what is this rooting ****? and how would i know if i want to do it
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    and blackdroid does this 6.5 homescreen thing that is sweet lookin can anyone tell me about it?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    here you go, I found the thread. Watch all the videos in these threads then report back with questions. Not at all being rude, just a suggestion. Im/were here to help. Here's link below with the vids. You can click on them on your droid also.

http://m.droidforums.net/forum/hacki...-droidmod.html
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ng-thread.html

on the first page of this thread they show a clean clock skin for beautful widgets how do i get that please help again and thank you all

Links