DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Looking for a planning app...

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Looking for a planning app...

...like an agenda or calender.

I need to use the Droid for a planner/scheduler. I do not use Google calender online to enter any appointments. I travel a lot and need to be able to enter appointments and view possible conflicts at a moment's notice. I do not want it to sync with Google calender, since it would then erase everything I manually enter.

Have scoured the threads but haven't confirmed the Google calender sync question.

Any suggestions that would fit my needs and my machine?

Rooted. BB7.6, OC @ 800GHz, SPrecovery.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    why would syncing erase things you have entered manually?
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That was an assumption. Would Google's online calender override anything and everything I have entered into the Droid's calender? So if I enter a 2pm meeting on Friday into the Droid, but not the online Google calender, would the Droid do a sync with the Google calender and the appointment be erased?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I gotcha now. Its not like ipod syncs where they overwrite eachother. The way the sync works is if you write something into the calendar manually on your phone, your google calendar automatically gets updated online as well. And if you go on your comp and change something in google calendar, your calendar on your phone will automatically get updated. The only way things get deleted is if you intentionally delete something on either end, then that delete gets synced. I use google calender, but then I combine that with the app astrid, and either quick calendar or icalwidget (im still trying to decide between those two). Astrid is a to do list that you can get to sync with google calendar as well and cross off tasks as you do them. Then the two other apps I mentioned will allow you to put different sized widgets on your screen that will show upcoming appointments/events. I've also heard good things about pure calendar widget and pure grid calendar. Those are paid apps. The ones I mentioned that I use are free. All of those sync with google calendar. Hope that helps
    Last edited by pyro6128; 03-04-2010 at 09:12 PM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Checking them out on the market now.

Thanks for the feedback!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    No prob, I love using my droid to keep me organized. Its great being able to add things to googel calendar on your comp and your phone gets updated without you having to do a thing, and vice versa.

Edit: Astrid has a widget as well, forgot to mention that in the post above.
    Last edited by pyro6128; 03-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    Im having trouble finding the icalwidget, personally what i'm looking for is a way to have a list of upcoming events like homework due, test etc with like a week in advance look in the form of a widget
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    The stock calendar app syncs wirelessly with Google calendar and the Gcalendar syncs with Outlook. If I enter anything in Outlook on my PC, like magic it is on my phone. If I enter anything in my phone and like magic it is in Outlook on my PC
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl4878 View Post
    Im having trouble finding the icalwidget, personally what i'm looking for is a way to have a list of upcoming events like homework due, test etc with like a week in advance look in the form of a widget
    Sorry about that, its actually called calwidget. both calwidget and quick calendar will do what you're asking. Thats exactly what I use them for. The only difference I see between the two is that icalwidget has more customization options in terms of sizes and colors and such. I think I'm gonna end up sticking with that one and ditching quick calendar all together

Links