OK. I think one of the things that is missing from the MAP app is the ability to "save" the location that you have just searched for so you can go back to it later.
I save places like "work" or "home", but this app won't let you -- or will it?
1. Navigate to Google on your PC (you MUST be signed into your Google Account)
2. See the top row of options on the top left edge of the main page?
3. Select "Maps"
4. Type in the address or name of the place that you want to find
5. Click "Search Maps"
6. A locator pin will appear at your "place"
7. LEFT click the locator pin and select "Save to my Maps"
8. Click the drop down box and select "Create a new map..."
NOTE 1: if your place name appears in the drop down list, use it, if not - type it in.
NOTE 2: In the LEFT panel there are some "privacy" options to consider. I always select "unlisted"
9. Click "Done"
10. Select the "My Maps" button at the top of the LEFT pane and your place name should appear.
Now - Go to your DROID:
a. Unlock the phone and select "maps"
b. Select the MENU button
c. Select the "Layers" button
d. Select the "More Layers" button
e. Select the "My Maps" button
f. Your "place" should appear in the list
g. Touch the place name on the map.
h. Select "Navigate"
i: Follow the directions...
RINSE and REPEAT for all of your other "places"
Maybe this will do until something more intuative comes out on the native phone that will allow us to save the locations that we seach for.
Hope this helps someone.