DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Radar detector app

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Radar detector app (need graphics help!)

From this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-detector.html

In case you missed it I've created a bluetooth interface for the V1 and the droid. The droid receives a constant RFCOMM serial stream of the V1's data allowing it to get the full detector info, control muting, etc. The long term plan is to integrate GPS and a central server (most likely my dreamhost server, unless trapster shows some interest with an API/integration on their end) to allow us to cut down on "false" alarms and warn of repeat offender spots, etc.

I have the hardware done and I am now working on the app. I hope to have the app published to the market this week but I need some help. I'm pretty rotten with photoshop and creating slick looking graphics, so I need a helping hand with that before I can release the app. If that's you, and you're willing to help contribute to this (free) project, shoot me a PM. What I need done is essentially the display of the V1 remote display broken into individual PNGs with transparency. A picture of the display is linked below:
    http://www.titantalk.com/forums/atta...s-dsc_0197.jpg

Again, if you think graphics are your thing and you can help me out with that, shoot me a PM and let me know. I'd like to get the application done and release everything so people can build their own units and use them before I head to the keys for spring break.

Thanks!
    Last edited by NaterGator; 02-27-2010 at 11:47 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by NaterGator View Post
    From this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-detector.html

In case you missed it I've created a bluetooth interface for the V1 and the droid. The droid receives a constant RFCOMM serial stream of the V1's data allowing it to get the full detector info, control muting, etc. The long term plan is to integrate GPS and a central server (most likely my dreamhost server, unless trapster shows some interest with an API/integration on their end) to allow us to cut down on "false" alarms and warn of repeat offender spots, etc.

I have the hardware done and I am now working on the app. I hope to have the app published to the market this week but I need some help. I'm pretty rotten with photoshop and creating slick looking graphics, so I need a helping hand with that before I can release the app. If that's you, and you're willing to help contribute to this (free) project, shoot me a PM. What I need done is essentially the display of the V1 remote display broken into individual PNGs with transparency. A picture of the display is linked below:
    http://www.titantalk.com/forums/atta...s-dsc_0197.jpg

Again, if you think graphics are your thing and you can help me out with that, shoot me a PM and let me know. I'd like to get the application done and release everything so people can build their own units and use them before I head to the keys for spring break.

Thanks!
    That's real interesting. I wish other brands provided a data connection.

Links